help the newbie please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catbug

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I recently decided that dental school is the ideal path for me after being pre-health for such a long time! However, i'm having trouble picking the right study materials since this is all new to me! What would you recommend I buy/study and are there any master posts with links to free practice sites I should know about? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your GPA if you don't mind sharing?
Do you have shadowing hours?
Do you have volunteering hours?
Can you get Letter of Recommendations from your old professors? You need 2 science professors letters
a letter from a dentist!
And sometimes a letter from Non-science professor or supervisor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is your GPA if you don't mind sharing?
Do you have shadowing hours?
Do you have volunteering hours?
Can you get Letter of Recommendations from your old professors? You need 2 science professors letters
a letter from a dentist!
And sometimes a letter from Non-science professor or supervisor.

It's really low lol (2.9cgpa, 2.6 sgpa). I'm applying for a SMP at Baylor! I'm working on getting the other stuff done once I take some summer/fall classes to at least raise my gpa to a 3.0!

Yes, make sure you have lots of shadowing and volunteering hours to offset your GPA. When the app system calculates GPA, it will include all of your courses, including repeats. When do you plan to take the DAT? Make you set enough time for it so that you can score well and also help your chances with your low GPA.

Yeah raise your GPA and aim for a DAT that is more than 24
along with what @artist2022 suggested.
Also, I would retake the science pre-requisite and some math classes to raise the science gpa.

To get a dat that is more than 24 that requires full devotion, like 3-4 months of your life!

I was thinking early January since the deadline for the SMP is in February!
Do you think studying full time for the DAT while taking A&P2, genetics, and microbiology at a CC would be too much? I'm worried if I don't juggle all the classes and the DAT prep I won't be able to get into the post bacc program(I need to have at least a 15 AA to apply, which I'm sure I can easily achieve if i study for a few months lol).

I was thinking early January since the deadline for the SMP is in February!
Do you think studying full time for the DAT while taking A&P2, genetics, and microbiology at a CC would be too much? I'm worried if I don't juggle all the classes and the DAT prep I won't be able to get into the post bacc program(I need to have at least a 15 AA to apply, which I'm sure I can easily achieve if i study for a few months lol).

You shouldn't be taking all of those courses at a CC, especially with your GPA.