General Admissions & OTCAS Help! TTUHSC Science Pre-Req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delta-ot

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am contemplating submitting my app to Texas Tech for one reason only: my science pre-req is not quite at the minimum 3.0 ! I am retaking Physics and so far I have an 'A'. If I earn an A, my science pre-req will be at a 3.1.

I really don't want to waste my money if they will disqualify me as an applicant because I fall short on this one requirement.So my question is should I even apply or is TTU pretty strict on the science pre-req?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I am contemplating submitting my app to Texas Tech for one reason only: my science pre-req is not quite at the minimum 3.0 ! I am retaking Physics and so far I have an 'A'. If I earn an A, my science pre-req will be at a 3.1.

I really don't want to waste my money if they will disqualify me as an applicant because I fall short on this one requirement.So my question is should I even apply or is TTU pretty strict on the science pre-req?

Email the advisor for the department and ask them! They would know for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to TTUHSC last year and did not have my physics pre-req completed. I did not receive an interview and was declined. I am reapplying this year with a B in physics and have already been invited for an interview. Just my personal experience, but I would just call and ask. They're super helpful anytime I have ever called.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to TTUHSC last year and did not have my physics pre-req completed. I did not receive an interview and was declined. I am reapplying this year with a B in physics and have already been invited for an interview. Just my personal experience, but I would just call and ask. They're super helpful anytime I have ever called.

When did you receive an invite for an interview?
They received my application last week.

Thanks. My physics class ends in less than 3 weeks so I think I’m gonna go ahead and apply while it’s pending because they said I could. Doesn’t hurt to try!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks. My physics class ends in less than 3 weeks so I think I’m gonna go ahead and apply while it’s pending because they said I could. Doesn’t hurt to try!

Yeah definitely go ahead and submit it. You will have an opportunity to update your application as well, and you can still be selected for an interview with outstanding prereqs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you receive an invite for an interview?
They received my application last week.

I received my invitation on the Sep 20th and my application was verified by TTU on the 14th. So a week later I was sent an invitation to interview.

I received my invitation on the Sep 20th and my application was verified by TTU on the 14th. So a week later I was sent an invitation to interview.
So they first time you applied you didnt get an interview because you didnt have physics done?
I am currently taking anatomy 2 prereq.
I have all my other prereqs done and have all As but now I am worried I wont get an interview now.

I don't know for a fact if thats the reason why I didn't get an interview. I just figured thats why. You still have a great chance!

When is your interview at tech? And last cycle, when did they send your rejection letter if you remember the month or time of year

When is your interview at tech? And last cycle, when did they send your rejection letter if you remember the month or time of year

My interview is Oct 12th and my rejection letter from last year was sent in Feb or March.

This isn't the exact same case, but I applied with a missing prereq for A&P and still interviewed and got accepted! After you submit, they send you an email saying they've done a preliminary review of your application. On this email, it shows if you're missing any prereqs or if any are in progress. Since you've already taken it though, I would suggest emailing/calling to see what they say!

So they first time you applied you didnt get an interview because you didnt have physics done?
I am currently taking anatomy 2 prereq.
I have all my other prereqs done and have all As but now I am worried I wont get an interview now.

I wouldn't worry about the missing A&P prereq. I was in the exact same situation last year, and it didn't make a difference. I think they do take into account the number of prereqs you've completed, so for instance, if you had like 4 left you hadn't completed that would probably look bad. But if it's just one class and you have good grades in the rest of the prereqs, you have nothing to worry about.

This isn't the exact same case, but I applied with a missing prereq for A&P and still interviewed and got accepted! After you submit, they send you an email saying they've done a preliminary review of your application. On this email, it shows if you're missing any prereqs or if any are in progress. Since you've already taken it though, I would suggest emailing/calling to see what they say!
Hello, how long did it take after your application got verified in OTCAS to receive the email for preliminary review?

Hello, how long did it take after your application got verified in OTCAS to receive the email for preliminary review?

I can't remember for sure, but I want to say around 2 weeks?