*HELP* What are my chances? Should I wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dentistmsh

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello friends,
I am a graduating, *very anxious* Canadian student applying this upcoming cycle to NYU and Boston.

Please take a look at my stats:
cumulative GPA: 3.5 science GPA: 3.2
Canadian DAT: ST 18, AA 19, PA 20

I have an average amount of shadowing hours and dentistry-related ECs, but my GPA is not that strong and so are my DAT scores. I am currently taking a few summer courses to improve my GPA, and will be retaking my DAT upcoming Nov 2016(Canadian DAT).

So my questions are,
1.
Should I submit my AADAS application early during June-July with my current stats? or should I wait until Nov when I will re-take my DAT and *hopefully* get better scores to submit my application?

2.
Let's say I submit my application with my current stats during June. Am I able to update on my new DAT scores and GPA later on? will the schools consider my updated scores ?

I know that applying early is very important for American dental schools, but at this point I am just not sure if it is worth a shot with my current stats.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can make my life easier, so please help me out!
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
 
Thank you , I will be applying.

Can anyone recommend Canadian-friendly schools that accept Canadian DAT, which might be worth a shot with my stats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm Canadian as well and you should look at:
1.Detroit
2.Case
3.NYU
4.USC
5. BU
6.Temple
7. Pitt
8.Minnesota
9. Michigan
10.NOVA



Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile