*HELP* What are my chances? Should I wait?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentistmsh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I am a graduating, *very anxious* Canadian student applying this upcoming cycle to NYU and Boston.

Please take a look at my stats:
cumulative GPA: 3.5 science GPA: 3.2
Canadian DAT: ST 18, AA 19, PA 20

I have an average amount of shadowing hours and dentistry-related ECs, but my GPA is not that strong and so are my DAT scores. I am currently taking a few summer courses to improve my GPA, and will be retaking my DAT upcoming Nov 2016(Canadian DAT).

So my questions are,
Should I submit my AADAS application early during June-July with my current stats? or should I wait until Nov when I will re-take my DAT and *hopefully* get better scores to submit my application?

Let's say I submit my application with my current stats during June. Am I able to update on my new DAT scores and GPA later on? will the schools consider my updated scores ?

I know that applying early is very important for American dental schools, but at this point I am just not sure if it is worth a shot with my current stats.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can make my life easier, so please help me out!
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, apply now and you can update your new stats later. Goodluck to you.

Thank you , I will be applying.

Can anyone recommend Canadian-friendly schools that accept Canadian DAT, which might be worth a shot with my stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Canadian as well and you should look at:
1.Detroit
2.Case
3.NYU
4.USC
5. BU
6.Temple
7. Pitt
8.Minnesota
9. Michigan
10.NOVA

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

And I wouldn't advise taking the cDAT now cuz it will be too late in the cycle. I would say if you want to retake, do the American DAT ASAP!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users