Help with community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidbm95

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If med schools advise not to take pre reqs at community colleges then what classes am I supposed to take for 2 years? Will I have to complete all my pre reqs in junior year of university? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

So you're a transfer student? I think you may get some leniency. Just from calling a lot of schools, they don't mind if you didn't take all the prereqs at a 4-year university, even if the MSAR or their websites tell you otherwise.

If med schools advise not to take pre reqs at community colleges then what classes am I supposed to take for 2 years? Will I have to complete all my pre reqs in junior year of university? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Take them. That rule usually applies to people who are already at universities and try to take them cause they're "easier."

Plus, how do you expect to transfer as a science major if you haven't taken any science classes? In my state that's not even possible(to the UC system at least). You NEED to take pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do some at a cc or all of it. Just demonstrate that you can handle a 4 year uni course load through upper division courses and a good mcat score. I know someone currently in harvard med school who did all her prereqs at a cc because she needed to take them to transfer. She was a biochem major. Just dont slip

I took Physics at a CC and it wasn't a problem! Don't worry about it, just get good grades and do well on the MCAT, and you'll be fine.