• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Help with community college

davidbm95

Jul 8, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
If med schools advise not to take pre reqs at community colleges then what classes am I supposed to take for 2 years? Will I have to complete all my pre reqs in junior year of university? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

bluestreaks

7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So you're a transfer student? I think you may get some leniency. Just from calling a lot of schools, they don't mind if you didn't take all the prereqs at a 4-year university, even if the MSAR or their websites tell you otherwise.

alpharez

Jan 21, 2013
  1. Medical Student
If med schools advise not to take pre reqs at community colleges then what classes am I supposed to take for 2 years? Will I have to complete all my pre reqs in junior year of university? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Take them. That rule usually applies to people who are already at universities and try to take them cause they're "easier."

Plus, how do you expect to transfer as a science major if you haven't taken any science classes? In my state that's not even possible(to the UC system at least). You NEED to take pre-reqs.

About the Ads

JonnyL

10+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2010
  1. Medical Student
You can do some at a cc or all of it. Just demonstrate that you can handle a 4 year uni course load through upper division courses and a good mcat score. I know someone currently in harvard med school who did all her prereqs at a cc because she needed to take them to transfer. She was a biochem major. Just dont slip

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.