Help with credit conversion/prerequisite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancora imparo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm finishing up a post bac program at a university on the semester system. Right before starting, I took a 4 unit chemistry course at a UC extension school which uses the quarter system. My post bac school considers this equivalent to their gen chem 1, and allowed me to move on to Gen chem 2...

Most (~all) medical schools require 6 semester units, or 12 quarter units of Gen Chem lecture, but my UC chemistry course converts to 2.7 units..... giving me a total of 5.7 semester units of Gen chem.

Will medical schools be okay with this, or will they require me to take some additional inorganic chemistry course? (All other standard prerequisite courses are sufficiently met. 4.0 post bac gpa. Really don't wanna/have time to retake chem1 before apps)

What do you think? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Will they ask me to take another class, or will they let it slide?

Members don't see this ad :)
bump^

just want your guys' opinions on whether medical schools will ask me to take another class, or overlook it, since I've taken biochem and ochem 1 & 2

bump^

just want your guys' opinions on whether medical schools will ask me to take another class, or overlook it, since I've taken biochem and ochem 1 & 2
why would they?

Having Ochem I and II (with lab of course) in addition to Biochem is enough.

Reactions: 1 user