This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NJotApplicant 2018

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am looking to submit my personal statement within the next few days. I was wondering how long everyones personal statement was. Mine was a little over 3 pages. I was also wondering if anyone wrote about reasonings for low gpas at any point in their academic career. I stayed away from that but I wasn't sure if it was something I should have. I had a low gpa when I transferred to an out of state university due to environmental factors during that time. however I retook the courses I needed to after graduation. I have a 3.1 gpa, I have a 3.5 pre reqs, 100 hours of volunteer ot hours, and I have built a resume working with ID/DD population post graduation to make up for my application short comings. So far I have been waitlisted for one university and wanted to make sure my essay is up to par before I resubmit it. If anyone who is an ot student or graduation would like to read it before I submit it It would be helpful!
 
I would say try to take it down to 3 pages. I saw some schools said 1-2 pages max. Proofread and take out any extra fluff. Get your message across while remaining concise.