MD Help with school list? (523/3.96)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GaussianBanana

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

Graduated last year with 3.96 GPA, 523 MCAT. (By next year this time) 400 hrs clinical volunteering, 100 hrs shadowing, ~3500 hrs research between part-time data analyst and stats thesis. MA resident.

I researched every private institution on MSAR with >50% out-of-state matriculants, and looked for schools specifically with a scholarly concentration/research opportunity in global health/epidemiology/biostats. Threw some other schools in to round out to about 30, but it feels a bit "top-heavy" and I'm nervous about not having a more even distribution. Anyone have recommendations on schools I should reconsider/add?

Thank you!!

NY Medical College
U Pitt
Brown University
Cornell
Johns Hopkins
NorthWestern
NYU
Pritzker U Chicago
Rochester
Stanford
U Michigan
Lewis Katz (Temple Univ)
Penn State
Vanderbilt
Western Michigan-Stryker
Icahn Mt. Sinai
Wash U @ St. Louis
Duke
Tufts
Perelman UPenn
Mayo
Columbia
George Washington
Emory
Boston University
Geisel-Dartmouth
Harvard
Sidney Kimmel
U Mass
U Vermont
Yale
 
I suggest:
NYU

Vanderbilt

WashU

Yale

JHU

Northwestern

U Chicago

U Penn

Columbia

Duke

Harvard

Sinai
Cornell

Stanford

U MI

U VA

BU

Case

Mayo

Pitt

UCSF

Hofstra

Ohio State

U Cincy

USC/Keck

USF Morsani

Albert Einstein

Dartmouth

Emory
Rochester

Jefferson

Miami

U IA

U VM

Western MI

U MA