Help with school list! URM AA female

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rigal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sweetheart, with your MCAT, you’re doing yourself a disservice. Add some top tier schools! Where’s UCLA (Charles Drew), Wash U, Pitts, Yale, etc? Go big or go home lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any MD school is yours. Start list with WashU and radiate outwards.
Be sure to include Tufts, and the HBCs (including UCLA/Drew)

Thanks Goro! Do you think my unbalanced score is a problem? I want to stay on the East Coast so that's why I didn't include Drew.

Could you also provide a school list for ppl with my stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Apply where you want. Don't worry about MCAT "unbalanced". You haven't any section under 125 which is key. Don't feel pressured to apply to the research heavy-weights if you aren't interested in the mandatory research thesis, etc, that those schools require before awarding the MD.

Reactions: 2 users
For the record, any NY school would be happy to have you-NYU, Sinai, Columbia, Cornell will all likely line up to interview you

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Goro! Do you think my unbalanced score is a problem? I want to stay on the East Coast so that's why I didn't include Drew.

Could you also provide a school list for ppl with my stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
WashU
All SUNYs
Dartmouth
Brown
Harvard
Case
BU
Tufts
Yale
JHU
Vandy
U Penn
U Chicago
Hofstra
HBCs
U VA
Einstein
The Manhattan Titans
U Rochester
Emory
U Cincy
OH State
U MI
Pitt
Duke
Gtown
U Miami

Sweetheart, with your MCAT, you’re doing yourself a disservice. Add some top tier schools! Where’s UCLA (Charles Drew), Wash U, Pitts, Yale, etc? Go big or go home lol

UCLA-Geffen is definitely within reach as well. I feel with AAs people tend to only suggest Drew, but don’t forget about their other two programs if you’re interested!

Reactions: 1 user
WashU
All SUNYs
Dartmouth
Brown
Harvard
Case
BU
Tufts
Yale
JHU
Vandy
U Penn
U Chicago
Hofstra
HBCs
U VA
Einstein
The Manhattan Titans
U Rochester
Emory
U Cincy
OH State
U MI
Pitt
Duke
Gtown
U Miami

Am I reading that right? This list with a 508?

Who do think is in the <10th %iles?

Well, I did some googling and the minimum MCAT for a few top 20s was in the 509ish range. So its theoretically possible I suppose