1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by mas100, Aug 14, 2002.

1. mas100

mas100 Junior Member

Hi everyone; I am a PA and trying to write my personal statement. I am having difficult time. Is there anybody out there that can help me by giving an idea or be kind enough to share their statement. though I have written one statement but I am not sure about the quality and direction of it's content.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    mas

Just a suggestion. I would write about a profound experience you had as a PA, or PA student, that made you want to apply to DO school.

You may get the question..."Why did you want to switch careers?"

"What do you want from being a DO that you couldn't get from being a PA?"

PAs have such great autonomy, particularly in some fields that an admissions person may throw this at you.

Distinguish.

4. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

I agree with JP. I'm a podiatrist and I know that I'll be getting that question if and when I interview. Never disparage your profession. Don't say you want to be a DO because of a negative reason about being a PA. I just said that I wanted a more complete education and wanted to be a "whole body" doctor.

My personal statement emphasized my background, but I was sure to point out that learning never stops and whatever I did before that may be repeated will only be bolstered. I, of course, also spoke of what brought me to osteopathic medicine and how comfortable I feel with the tenets and underpinnings, etc.