mas100

15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2002
atlanta
atlanta
Status (Visible)
Hi everyone; I am a PA and trying to write my personal statement. I am having difficult time. Is there anybody out there that can help me by giving an idea or be kind enough to share their statement. though I have written one statement but I am not sure about the quality and direction of it's content.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
mas

Just a suggestion. I would write about a profound experience you had as a PA, or PA student, that made you want to apply to DO school.

You may get the question..."Why did you want to switch careers?"

"What do you want from being a DO that you couldn't get from being a PA?"

PAs have such great autonomy, particularly in some fields that an admissions person may throw this at you.

Distinguish.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 12, 2002
35 miles from Pomona
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I agree with JP. I'm a podiatrist and I know that I'll be getting that question if and when I interview. Never disparage your profession. Don't say you want to be a DO because of a negative reason about being a PA. I just said that I wanted a more complete education and wanted to be a "whole body" doctor.

My personal statement emphasized my background, but I was sure to point out that learning never stops and whatever I did before that may be repeated will only be bolstered. I, of course, also spoke of what brought me to osteopathic medicine and how comfortable I feel with the tenets and underpinnings, etc.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads