1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by littlemikeyf, Nov 21, 2002.

1. littlemikeyf

littlemikeyf New Member

I am currently in the process of applying to DO schools and I just needed some feedback. I am not the strongest canidate by no means, having a GPA of 2.8 and low 20 on MCATS. So I want some feedback from other students in order to get a better idea of where I stand. I will be retaking the MCAT in April as well as Kaplan or PR. I have tremendous amounts of clinical time in ER's and have volunteered on Rescue squad for 8 years and have ALS and ACLS training. I have worked for 2 years in the Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery at VCU/MCV doing research in Cardiac Surgery.
    IF anyone can help me or give me feedback/advice... .I would greatly appreciate it.

THanx

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CAC

CAC Member
    7+ Year Member

Apply early, write a great personal statement, be prepared to discuss your low GPA if you get interviews...and maybe even look into post-bac programs.

Good luck with the MCATs in April!

4. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

Unfortunately, your GPA is going to cause you a bit of stress. Some DO schools have a cut off GPA of 3.0, but some are lower. Your best bet is to show a really good trend in your grades and kick ass on the next MCAT. Check out the AACOMAS website to find out what the admission standards for each school are. Your other EC's are really good, though, and will work to your advantage.

Make sure to rock the MCAT in April. Good Luck!