Helpful info please on Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poesie Noire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
to anyone,
i need some advice on kaplan live lecture series for step 2. i took kaplan live lecture series for step 1. it helped me in many ways for the exam. yet, in the end...right before and after the exam, i had felt that whatever i had known came PRIMARILY from my own work through the kaplan materials and other sources. i scored an 85 on step 1, which isnt great but i believe that it was due to other personal mistakes and not whether i had taken the live lecture or not. as i approach step 2 (planning to take it in august of 2003), im wondering whether to take the live lecture course for step 2 or just do another option like Medpass/etc. i would like some feedback from those who took the live lecture course for step 2, and those who chose other methods. for those who did Medpass from kaplan, were watching the video lectures just as beneficial as for your peers going to the live lectures? did the live lecture course truly benefit anyone in getting a great score? although i have more than 6 months....i need to start early as i can. hoping to hear from anyone with advice and/or experience.

Members don't see this ad.

For Step 2, I did the Kaplan online lectures, as well as Q-bank, Crush the Boards, and NMS question book and I got a 250/95. I thought the online lectures were excellent, though I would recommend a book like Crush or First Aid to review some ortho and neuro (which were not covered by Kaplan.) Also, do some basic statistics (sensitivity/specificity/etc.); there are several practice questions in NMS with explanations that were helpful.

Good luck
-F.C.