Hem/onc fellowship after pcp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gdoc10

Reaction score
Hi everyone I ve been doing PCP x 3 years as waiver to get my green card, and now I want to apply to hematology and oncology. I have average step scores, few publications, many posters even in ASCO but 3 years ago and certainly board certified...Do you think Get hem/onc fellowship is harder because I ve been away of the academic track for 3 years or is easier because I am gren card holder now? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The answer is "yes". Easier since you don't need a visa. Harder since you've been out of the game. In the absence of other data about your app, it's impossible to say.

But you'll never know until you try. You should either spend the next 6 months updating your "academic cred" or shoot for clinically focused programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone I ve been doing PCP x 3 years as waiver to get my green card, and now I want to apply to hematology and oncology. I have average step scores, few publications, many posters even in ASCO but 3 years ago and certainly board certified...Do you think Get hem/onc fellowship is harder because I ve been away of the academic track for 3 years or is easier because I am gren card holder now? Thank you
Hi.i am also applying this year. PCP for 3 years. Few posters, one book chapter. Good LORs. Not much research in past 3 years. Not sure if worth applying this year.