Heme/Onc Fellowship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
germanIMG said:
NYU by email some time last week
Thomas Jefferson by phone 2 weeks ago
Mt Sinai by phone monday

still waiting for NIH and MDACC

I think you shouldn't have any worries you sound set

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear from Utah or get more info on finding status out?

Is there a list of programs not participating in the match? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from the OHIO programs
CCF,OSU,Case,Wright State????????

Just got my no from UIC,RUSH over the phone

Called Utah again and was told that my application was rejected :mad:

emailed the following:

loyola--still reviewing applications despite the massive rejection dissemination
michigan--still reviewing applications
case--no reply
mskcc--no reply

still need to email:
pitt
g'town
wash u
rush
uva
dartmouth

anyone else heard anything?
--S.

ps still waiting for interview dates on columbia. their lack of organization is a bit disconcerting.

emailed the following:

loyola--still reviewing applications despite the massive rejection dissemination
michigan--still reviewing applications
case--no reply
mskcc--no reply

still need to email and/or hear from:
pitt
g'town
wash u
rush
uva
dartmouth
emory

anyone else heard anything?
--S.

ps still waiting for interview dates on columbia. their lack of organization is a bit disconcerting.

Reject by snail mail from UC - Davis :( . GermanIMG when are you interviewing at JHU and UCLA? My date is 22nd Feb for the latter, yet to fix the former! How have your IV been so far, any tips are appreciated!!!! ;)

interview from med college of wisconsin, :love: ,,,,, i interviewed their last year too....
Rejection from Vermont, henry ford. :scared:
on hold at utah.....they told me the stodry that if i havent got rejection i am on waiting list.... and to find out from website.... actually i asked them which website and they said ERAS......i guess they was referring Message section of ERAS (oF COURSE THEY CANNOT PUT REJECTION LIST ON THEIR WBSITE... OF HALL OF SHAME!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from UTMB almost a week ago,rejection from Loyola

BMT said:
Reject by snail mail from UC - Davis :( . GermanIMG when are you interviewing at JHU and UCLA? My date is 22nd Feb for the latter, yet to fix the former! How have your IV been so far, any tips are appreciated!!!! ;)

cacelled UCLA...will only interview at east coast...JHU is march 24 ths I think

had 2 Interviews so far....Duke and Beth Israel...both were rather friendly..more about what I want to do, where I se myself in the future and why this program

how abot Fred Hutchinson..am still debating whther I should go or not?

The trip to Seattle was worth every penny. Got to meet both the Onc and Heme side. 3.5 years totally. 1.5 years of clinical and 2 yrs research. Research is dedicated time with minimal clinical except continuity....
Go for it! Its worth it if you are thinking serious research! Few of the faculty are from the east coast. 3 hemonc positions and 6 onc positions.

swinske said:
interview from med college of wisconsin, :love: ,,,,, i interviewed their last year too....
Rejection from Vermont, henry ford. :scared:
on hold at utah.....they told me the stodry that if i havent got rejection i am on waiting list.... and to find out from website.... actually i asked them which website and they said ERAS......i guess they was referring Message section of ERAS (oF COURSE THEY CANNOT PUT REJECTION LIST ON THEIR WBSITE... OF HALL OF SHAME!

Did University of Vermont Call or email you?

img1 said:
Got a call from UTMB almost a week ago,rejection from Loyola

When are you interviewing at UTMB?

Just emailed me to tell me I am on a waiting list!!!
whats up with these waiting list garbarge why dont they just say no

arkansas...the list keeps growing

drshak77 said:
Called them told that if you havent heard its rejection

Arkansas rejection today.
Got an email from vermont still reviewing applications.

Got an interview today from Drexel :laugh: I love the Philly programs. Did get a rejection from UPenn and UColorado. That makes 8 interviews and about 15 rejections. About 20 pending!

drshak77 said:
watch out ...u will be fighting for even fewer positions than last year.
Smaller Midwest programs seem to have already have their own share if Internal candidates.
Or am I baised?
I've seen it happen 2 outta 3 seats will go to their own( average ,folks) and 25 folks slug it out fro the remaining one.
man.....

spyrogyra1 said:
watch out ...u will be fighting for even fewer positions than last year.
Smaller Midwest programs seem to have already have their own share if Internal candidates.
Or am I baised?
I've seen it happen 2 outta 3 seats will go to their own( average ,folks) and 25 folks slug it out fro the remaining one.
man.....

It seems somtime that applying to these places is such a waste. They say
that ERAS helps but its really just been a time saver but a waste of money!!!
I know my program takes 2 internal candiates for 3 spots....

Which program are you in DrShak77. I agree with you with regards to the extra cost and travel. It works out far more expensive!!!! :smuggrin: BMT

I am at HFH, Has anyone interviewed at University of Wisconsin yet???

Got another interview, TJU by phone. Also got a rejection from Northwestern. Still hoping to hear from RWJ and PSU. Keep the good news coming! :thumbup:

Does anyone know what the starting salary is for a oncologist???

from Louisville and Scott and White

Has anyone recieved a yes or no from John Hopkins yet???

There seems to be a drought of interview calls coming in for me at least.....just waiting for some good news from some place

yes from loyola, no from northwestern

Another rejection from an excellent program: UChicago does not want me to be a fellow there. :(

ursus said:
Another rejection from an excellent program: UChicago does not want me to be a fellow there. :(

Same email from UofC today + snail mail reject from Davis. YeSSSSSSSSS. :smuggrin:

Rejection from U of Chicago, Louisville, and Georgetown. Not a great couple of days. :confused:

U Chicago invitation by email

and.....Columbia by email?? what the f@#$...seem to be very disorganized, quite apologetic for their initial mistake ;-)

Any one heard from case western ohio ?
vrgk

hello all - this is my first post - just wondering if anyone has an idea when their respective programs will stop interviewing, as the pace of replies from programs seems to be at a plateau right now

yes from case western/univ hosp, no from u of chicago

invite by email as well today from case. no word yet from loyola despite the above invites/rejections. no word from g'town, either, despite prior invites/rejections listed above. still waiting to hear from: MSKCC, MICHIGAN, PITT< UVA, G'TOWN, WASH U, RUSH, LOYOLA, EMORY>

Got an interview at RWJ and Case Western. :)

husky said:
Got an interview at RWJ and Case Western. :)

got on waiting list at University of indiana, university of iowa . i dont know how long the waiting list is..............
does anybody knows that

USC by email... finally some CA love in the past wk... ;)

HDMTX said:
USC by email... finally some CA love in the past wk... ;)

Congratulations!! Was that for Heme or ONC?

Status
Not open for further replies.