henna....you cant do that!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothlord

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
you aloud this troll to post whatever he likes to post ,and you alreeady noticed that he is trying to advertise his website and make us look like stupid fools.
but you simply edited what i posted which was again"leave this site you *****"guys does that sound a TOS violation to you?
i do respect you BUT your being a moderator doesent mean that you dictat what i say this way,you simply dont own this forum which i assume its a free one.
these are examples of posts that looks extremer than mine but simply you dident edit:
posted by kajal in this thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=113259
afterall this...do i even need to say that you are anymore welcome in these forums?
oh yeah! am ignoring an animal like you forever, as it isnt my composure to stoop down to your level and battle! i have something in life unlike you! sorry for you again!

Members don't see this ad.

vagusbaby said:
Hi,

I'm not making fun of you - believe me.

But, I absolutely did not understand what you were trying to say here.

That's because you're not a regular user of this forum. If you were a regular user of this forum you would have understood.

So I guess i'm not the only one who feels they have been treated unfairly.I have a small story to tell you, about something that happened a couple of days ago. My husband is also an sdn member and posts under the id of keynesisback on the lounge and everyone threads. When he saw someone abusing meggs on this thread he posted a strongly worded rebuke. Henna did not like that. Henna then sent me a rude pm, saying I have multiple id's and I am using this second id to post. I told her that it was my husbands id and he was posting. She then wrote back to me saying she doesnt believe me and my husbands id should be closed. I find it very humiliating when after being a regular poster on this forum, I am treated this way. My husband does not need to post on sdn, he just does it because I am addicted to sdn, and he helps me with the idp list. Very few people knew who he was, but he never tried to misrepresent himself as anyone else. I think if henna rebuked the trolls instead, other people would'nt have to do it for her.
On top of all this, everytime I post something that Henna does not like, she immediately rebukes me, or closes the thread. Some people post openly racist, rude comments and they are allowed to go scot free and their threads continue for weeks on end.I start a harmless thread called peace and harmony, i honestly thought it would cool things down, and it was closed in record time by henna. I wish she would show that kind of speed and enthusiasm in closing threads, when trolls start them. When I complained about this to Henna on a pm, I was informed by her, that she is the moderator and she will do as she deems fit.
I agree that being a moderator is a thankless and tough job, but it is not difficult to be fair and impartial in ones dealings. Consistency and fairness should be a second nature to a good moderator. I know i sound extremely angry, I am. I dont think i deserve to be treated this way, this may be a free site but, I think everyone has a right to be treated fairly and with a little respect. Moderators, being in a position of power should be responsible towards other members. Authority is always accompanied by responsibilities.

Going by past experience,henna will probably close this thread too thanks to my criticism. If she doesnt I will be pleasantly surprised. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
vagusbaby said:
Okay - fair enough.

Do *you* know what he's saying?

He's trying to point the same that mrnalini just said. Read her post and you'll get it.

mrinalini said:
So I guess i'm not the only one who feels they have been treated unfairly.I have a small story to tell you, about something that happened a couple of days ago. My husband is also an sdn member and posts under the id of keynesisback on the lounge and everyone threads. When he saw someone abusing meggs on this thread he posted a strongly worded rebuke. Henna did not like that. Henna then sent me a rude pm, saying I have multiple id's and I am using this second id to post. I told her that it was my husbands id and he was posting. She then wrote back to me saying she doesnt believe me and my husbands id should be closed. I find it very humiliating when after being a regular poster on this forum, I am treated this way. My husband does not need to post on sdn, he just does it because I am addicted to sdn, and he helps me with the idp list. Very few people knew who he was, but he never tried to misrepresent himself as anyone else. I think if henna rebuked the trolls instead, other people would'nt have to do it for her.
On top of all this, everytime I post something that Henna does not like, she immediately rebukes me, or closes the thread. Some people post openly racist, rude comments and they are allowed to go scot free and their threads continue for weeks on end.I start a harmless thread called peace and harmony, i honestly thought it would cool things down, and it was closed in record time by henna. I wish she would show that kind of speed and enthusiasm in closing threads, when trolls start them. When I complained about this to Henna on a pm, I was informed by her, that she is the moderator and she will do as she deems fit.
I agree that being a moderator is a thankless and tough job, but it is not difficult to be fair and impartial in ones dealings. Consistency and fairness should be a second nature to a good moderator. I know i sound extremely angry, I am. I dont think i deserve to be treated this way, this may be a free site but, I think everyone has a right to be treated fairly and with a little respect. Moderators, being in a position of power should be responsible towards other members. Authority is always accompanied by responsibilities.

Going by past experience,henna will probably close this thread too thanks to my criticism. If she doesnt I will be pleasantly surprised. :)
:thumbup:

I think if henna rebuked the trolls instead, other people would'nt have to do it for her.
I wish she would show that kind of speed and enthusiasm in closing threads, when trolls start them
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Vagusbaby, nalini is one of the dearest members of this forum. You, on the opposite hand, are new around here. So PLEASE respect her. And unless you have something positive to add to this forum...... you know what to do.

vagusbaby said:
I read and replied to her post. I also read the other thread. I don't see her doing anything but closing a thread that devolved into a flame war. What's wrong with that?

Vagus, again, you're NOT a regular forum member. You'll have to become a regular user of this forum, do understand "what's wrong with that?". So please, stop trying to form another "flame war".

I think we need a "troll alert" smiley.

hey meggs and mrinalini and toothlord : stop acting like sore losers. you guys are so immature and always have something to squabble about.
And this is a forum for chrissakes. not a college. there IS NO SENIORITY here. NOBODY GIVES A @*@# HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE OR HOW LONG YOUV'E BEEN A MEMBER. stop having a superiority complex about you. If there are any "trolls, ogres and ogresses" it should be you lot. sheesh guys, start acting your age.

kishn said:
hey meggs and mrinalini and toothlord : stop acting like sore losers. you guys are so immature and always have something to squabble about.
And this is a forum for chrissakes. not a college. there IS NO SENIORITY here. NOBODY GIVES A @*@# HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE OR HOW LONG YOUV'E BEEN A MEMBER. stop having a superiority complex about you. If there are any "trolls, ogres and ogresses" it should be you lot. sheesh guys, start acting your age.
This is a prime example of a troll being allowed to get away with rubbish. I rest my case, meggs,tasha, its not worth, dont provoke or answer these people. Thankyou for standing up for me, but you are going to be flamed for it so just forget it.Trolls seem to be crawling out of holes everywhere lately.I'm out of here.Henna you can close the thread now. :D

this reminds me of the war in Iraq... except instead of Shietes and Sunni's, you have dentists... But other then that, it's the same thing!

American Desi said:
mrinalini is saddam hussein
toothlord is binladen
meggs is kerry. ( meggs is moderator wannabe)
Henna is Bush. :clap:

:clap: You must be Blair then! :clap: (oops did i say Blair? I meant poodle!)

Frankly henna i dident post this thread to start a fight.
i am new in this forum with a modist contribution that is non accountable compared to other members contributions who supported this forum and made it a place of collaboration and assistance to all despite the nationality or culture,we dont have a superiority complex and the one who feels so must ask himself first.
But i felt like an idiote when my post was edited,although it wasent directed against any decent member with 5 or 1000 posts but to a troll who tried to make us fool,i dident use a word which wasent used before thats why i made a reference to one of our members post which wasent edited as mine.
I felt its a democratic forum ,where the moderator that i respect her efforts and the time she spends, is my colleague which i can complain to politely or yell at each others sometimes but we still consiered friends and have a mutual respect.
but instead,it seems that i started a debate and clash .
its my fault and i apologize for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
well leave it..............................if u all feel henna does not treat u guys fairly........forget it....there are many more like me ,pinktooth,wiztooth,gorur and so many more who value and respect.........mrinalini......meggs and toothlord ...for always being there to help ...........three cheers to you guys....... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I second that.. :)

All this controversy aside.. I know mrinalini, meggs and toothlord are sincerely here to help.. so, for all the prompt replies, the internet searches for accurate answers, the awesome IDP list and most importantly, the encouragement.. thank you guys!!

mann! didn't log in for like 2 days and so much on this thread!
hey heena! if I were you, I would just CLOSE this thread right away!!
i think this "flaming virus" is getting too much on my nerve!
wait! if there are people with multiple id's posting nauseating things and supporting each other for that, why can't I assume hypothetically, that all these ids are from the same person, just trying to frame up things :( ??
this in fact IS the most saddest thing ive learnt in this forum, that people with multiple ids post biased opinions and confound one's thinking!

thats the most sensible post of the day tooth lord! good job! again, i hope that you have one user id only!:(

mrinalini: "My husband is also an sdn member and posts under the id of keynesisback on the lounge and everyone threads. When he saw someone abusing meggs on this thread he posted a strongly worded rebuke"

hey mrinalini! wish you a happy married life!!!!!

hi..............
American Desi said:
Kajal-

Are u being :rolleyes: here? what is your point?
Are u saying that something is going on between keynesisback and meggs? :laugh: :laugh: hmmmmmmmmmm..very interesting and romantic...

please do not pass unnecessary and unrelated comments ..............
and please do not get fun at the expense of others ..............

American Desi: "Henna deserves an apology from mrinalini.
what goes around comes around"
you bet that!!

hey american desi :thumbup: :laugh:
tell 'em like it is!
People please listen to Henna. She's the moderator so if you don't like what she's said then buzz off.

ps. please use more maturer words other than "trolls". ur too old too be reading "enid blyton" books.

guys..you know what?? this thread only shows the number of losers in life! toothlord actually started this thread with some other objective in mind (and was humble enough to later on apologize to that..) however, BIG TIME losers in life, who just dont have any other work in their lives have carried on this mantle (wonder how many user names each person here has got!); and have just seized the oppurtunity to start firing Henna herself ouuta here! how more pathetic that can be, when some people are stooping down in bringing in their so called family members, spouses etc etc just to bring forth a cause! I am just wondering how long will this phase of this forum last? can anyone see any light at the end of this tunnel?
mp

my my my
lot has been happening ard here lately!!
looks like some people are out to disintegrate the international thread :thumbdown: :mad:

:rolleyes:

can we all behave...... OURSELVES........we r civilised ...................................aren't we.....?????????

preeth said:
my my my
lot has been happening ard here lately!!
looks like some people are out to disintegrate the international thread :thumbdown: :mad:

:rolleyes:

Looks like they have accomplished it. I just received a very sad goodbye PM :(

what do u mean meggs?

meggs said:
you mean someone left the forum? :(

With respect to all on this forum I'd like to ask everyone to just look around and see where we stand.SDN was a place where we made friends and found help when we saw it least elsewhere and now... :(
I agree Henna is doing a great job and that it's a tough thing to do keeping in view that she's a busy girl.three cheers to her :clap:
...At the same time there is no undermining the contributions of ppl like meggs, Mrinalini and the others who have made this forum an arena of information.Kudos to you all too :clap: :clap:
Toothlord must not have had an idea when he started this thread that this would become another "BIG ISSUE"...he was sensible enough (and we should appreciate it) to understand the gravity of the situation and apologize.
It's ok to support someone when you feel they are right but that doesn't entitle you to degrade someone whom you don't.Everyone is entitled to an opinion but Who are we to assess who's telling the truth and who's not?Indirectly pointing one out and accusing them isn't what civilized people like us do.If you have a problem try solve it rather than adding oil to the fire..
Can we actually stop finding fault with others and start being the SDN family we used to be proud of :confused: ?????
I'm posting this because i'm unhappy :( with the way things are going on around the forum.Please friends this isn't intended against anyone in particular and my apologies in case anyone finds anything offensive.I just think we all need to sit back n think about it...
Love and peace :)

meggs said:
meggs,did mirnalini leave the forum?is that what u meant?

elementz said:
With respect to all on this forum I'd like to ask everyone to just look around and see where we stand.SDN was a place where we made friends and found help when we saw it least elsewhere and now... :(
I agree Henna is doing a great job and that it's a tough thing to do keeping in view that she's a busy girl.three cheers to her :clap:
...At the same time there is no undermining the contributions of ppl like meggs, Mrinalini and the others who have made this forum an arena of information.Kudos to you all too :clap: :clap:
Toothlord must not have had an idea when he started this thread that this would become another "BIG ISSUE"...he was sensible enough (and we should appreciate it) to understand the gravity of the situation and apologize.
It's ok to support someone when you feel they are right but that doesn't entitle you to degrade someone whom you don't.Everyone is entitled to an opinion but Who are we to assess who's telling the truth and who's not?Indirectly pointing one out and accusing them isn't what civilized people like us do.If you have a problem try solve it rather than adding oil to the fire..
Can we actually stop finding fault with others and start being the SDN family we used to be proud of :confused: ?????
I'm posting this because i'm unhappy :( with the way things are going on around the forum.Please friends this isn't intended against anyone in particular and my apologies in case anyone finds anything offensive.I just think we all need to sit back n think about it...
:thumbup: :thumbup:

elementz said:

Neat & nice :)
I love this post :thumbup:
this is what exactly I had in my mind :clap:

newyorker said:
I really think this unpleasant thread should be deleted from this forum forever. not just closed. Otherwise this would bring memories to all. what do you guys think?
may i request henna to delete this thread with consent from other members?.
mrinalini should not leave this forums for whatever reasons it may be. err is human. everyone makes mistakes. i dont think anyone should hold grudges in their hearts. i know henna is a very nice person. she will not hesitate for a moment to shake her hands with mrinalini.
let us just move on. life is too short' folks! :)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that :clap:

I think we should all move on too, and forget that any of this unpleasantness ever happened..

Henna is the best moderator on SDN, for someone in a US dental school to take the kind of time off her schedule as she does to moderate this forum just shows how much she cares.. my own friends in dental schools don't have the time to mail me two lines a week!! (which is not saying much about my choice of friends.. :D) That being said, Mrinalini is a warm, wonderful person.. she does the math, makes lists in between her own exams, takes the time to help everyone who needs it.. and she's not even planning to get into a school in the US! Let's not drive her away over a non-issue...

This situation has been compared to a war.. but when a long-standing, active SDN member leaves, no one wins.. so lets do as New Yorker says and forget the entire thing.. and get back to the more important business of getting our degrees.

Tasha

excellent post elementz
relax guys ,think with a cool mind ............
once we get into schools ,we do not get any time to fight,make fun,laugh....lives become very mechanical ....
lets make these moments memorable.................

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
This situation has been compared to a war.. but when a long-standing, active SDN member leaves, no one wins.. so lets do as New Yorker says and forget the entire thing.. and get back to the more important business of getting our degrees.
Tasha
i second that tasha..am with you!
ps: i think your 'location' sounds really cool!:)

meggs said:
same here even i got a sad pM ......................to say that person wont post ever........................................ :(

elementz said:
hi elementz..................no way... i did not intend to add oil to the fire..........................well i apologise ..............anyways buddy.......thanks for this truce........................ :clap: :clap: :clap:

KAJALKIRAN said:
i second that tasha..am with you!
ps: i think your 'location' sounds really cool!:)

Thanks K'jal... Its from the book 'Peter Pan'. :oops:

Hi friends, I got a sad goodbye PM too...too bad we all lost a valuable member. :(

elementz said:
Hi friends, I got a sad goodbye PM too...too bad we all lost a valuable member. :(

hi guys

this is so sad. i guess u guys are talking about mrinalini. i mean shes done a lot for us without actually getting too much in return considering shes not even planning to join school in the US.

i have an idea..... lets all PM her and tell her how much we want her back. eventually she will come back i hope. if she doesnt, we have all lost something v valuable from this forum. tasha since u know her personally, do let us know if she will even check her PMs and whether this idea might work.

Hi everyone,
Gosh I'm so embarassed :oops: . I am not leaving I am right here with you all :). I thought I'll keep away for a while because I did'nt want to read all the abusive pm's, posts and karma remarks (these were the worst because they are anonymous!) that I got. But I have also recieved so many sweet pm's and words of encouragement from people I hardly knew.

I realised one thing, there will always be all sorts of people on our forum. I've made my life easier I have learnt to use the ignore button. ;) .
I dont know who meggs elementz and tasha were talking abt ;) but I'm here to stay you'll have to ban me to get me out of here :smuggrin:

Thank you all so much!! You guys are all the karma that I need :)

Mrinalini

mrinalini said:
.... I did'nt want to read all the abusive pm's, .....

Abusive pms?? why did you put up with that? :mad:

I did'nt put up with it meggs. I ignored it.
Abuses work better when you retaliate.
I got a nice pm from a helpful sdner, it sums up my thoughts
"You will find that silence or very gentle words are the most exquisite revenge for insult."
Judge Hall
Insults and abuses are most effective when they provoke a retaliation. If you dont retaliate they just become mere words.
:)

glad to see u back mrinalini! :clap:

:clap: Welcome back, girl! You scared us there for a minute :scared:

I got some bad karma too, and I didnt do anything :p.. Luckily for me, there's very little in life I take seriously, so its all good. :D

meggs,mirinalini,henna:
we like you guys.:)

Hi Folks,
Gosh SDN has changed so much in a week :(
I gave few people good karma and then I wanted to give Meggs a good one again and it said that you must spread your reputation before giving it to meggs..
What does that mean??

pinktooth said:
Hi Folks,
Gosh SDN has changed so much in a week :(
I gave few people good karma and then I wanted to give Meggs a good one again and it said that you must spread your reputation before giving it to meggs..
What does that mean??

hi Pinktooth,
welcome back...SDN has been through a few changes in the past few days.Anyways you need to spread karma to atleast 10 people before you give it to the same person again.More details can be found on the reputation thread or you can check this out http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=115278
hope that helps.
cheers. :D