This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sachdent

Reaction score
for all the experienced international doctors and dentists,
1.I am US citizen who did highschool in india and going to an indian university next year, however, my main goal is to settle in the united states.

I'm having a tough time deciding between medical or dental (yes,I am aware that they are both different fields and should not be compared ( people from both professions in the family)).

I was wondering which field and has better chances of getting into the US for foreign doctors/dentists.

side note:- I am not looking for information as to HOW(I already have the info about nbde,usmle, etc) but rather which one has a higher success rate for fresh graduates because ive heard that the odds of getting are much tougher for indians and also read several failure stories(people waiting 2-5 years to get accepted) from reading these forums. Although patience is a virtue i dont want to have to wait more than 1 year before landing a spot in a US residency/dental school

2.For advanced standing dental program students.
what are the odds of getting If I do shadowing in US and Indian dental clinics and volunteering and good LORs but absolutely no work experience(Ive read stories about people only being accepted after theyve done a dental assisting job for 1-2 years in the US).

3. what are some good indian dental colleges that dont deflate grades and give students good marks if they deserve them so that our gpa doesnt get lowered by ECE( Also read stories about toppers in dental colleges getting <60% because of unforgiving teachers)

Members don't see this ad.

Medicine. I can compere easily since many in my family work in healthcare, and my brother is an MD. We both went to the same Primary, Secondary and University. Only difference, is that I went for Dentistry.

Medicine has the advantage in terms of opportunities.

Medicine. I can compere easily since many in my family work in healthcare, and my brother is an MD. We both went to the same Primary, Secondary and University. Only difference, is that I went for Dentistry.

Medicine has the advantage in terms of opportunities.

Are both of you foreign trained doctors/dentists working in the US?