Hepatology Rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnonymousDo

You can call me Dr. Star
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm a 4th year med student who is doing a transplant hepatology rotation next month and I'm kind of clueless. What should I review/prepare for in advance to do well? What resources are good to use while I'm on? Any advice at all would be helpful. I'm kind of terrified of it because I don't know what to expect and I feel like I don't know anything haha.

Members don't see this ad.

The AASLD has excellent practice guidelines on their website. If this is a transplant service, you’ll see lots of decompensated cirrhosis and HCC.

The AASLD has excellent practice guidelines on their website. If this is a transplant service, you’ll see lots of decompensated cirrhosis and HCC.

Wow, thanks. These guidelines are really helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)

Unrelated - but what is your highest MELD you’ve ever seen as a GI doc? Mine so far as a resident and fellow in another field was 60. Pure badness