Hey everyone New Here!! HAve a Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODallTheWay

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I Just started my first semester at Queens College (CUNY).
And I was just wondering if a CUNY will get me into optometry school. Because I was thinking that if I'd go to to a more prestigious school my chances will be higher.

What do you think!!!???.
 
Hey I go to Hunter College (a CUNY too) and I think we're fine. Queens,Hunter, Brooklyn, and City College are known to be the better schools, in regards to the sciences. Goodluck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed, I don't think they take too much of that into consideration. That is, just as long as you get good grades and do well on the OAT.
 
I remember talking to an admissions director,and since my school is pretty big and well known, she told me to make sure I mention my school name at the interview since it'll look more impressive. (since SCCO's interview is closed.)