Hey Yah-E what kind of scholarships does Nova offer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plugger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Yah-E
Just curious as to the financial situation at Nova, ie. do they offer decent scholarships, bursuries etc. Also what's the cost of living like in Davie Florida- beaches sure look sweet.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Plugger,

Scholarships at Nova.....? I not 100% sure!! We haven't gotten any financial aid awarding letters yet from The Office of Student Financial Aid. Scholarship is usually divided into two separate categories, one from the school (Nova Southeastern University) and two, from the dental school. I know for fact that Nova, the University, does not have any free scholarships that they give you just because you're accepted to their dental school. There are MANY scholarships that you can apply to, however, based on many things (your academic performances, ethinicity, financial background, etc.)

As far as dental school scholarships, I have no idea. I do believe (I can be wrong), during my interview, my interviewers did say that Nova Dental does not have any free scholarships or that they are very limited!!! I'll have to find out more for you and me!!!

Stay tuned!

I'll tell you how much scholarship money NOVA has... none!

I interviewed way back in December, and they accepted me... but I told them, I'll happily come to your school if there's a scholarship (I only asked this not because I think I'm the $h!t or anything like that, but that all the interviewers gushed over my DAT scores). She said they may have some money in the future, but none right now.

It's a shame really... I loved Florida when I was there. One day, I'm shovelling snow in Canada, then the next day, hot and humid December days in Florida, then back to snow! Really hard to get your head around that one.

Bucky

Members don't see this ad :)
i've never shovel snow before...aways wanted to do it...looks so fun...and then make a snowman...and a snowball...

maybe it'll snow in NY this coming winter!

after shovelling snow for so many years, it would be nice to go to a place where I don't necessarily have to see the stuff in the winter.

But, alas, it does snow in New York. At least I won't have a driveway to shovel in my apartment!

Bucky

"Maybe it'll snow in NY"

You can count on it. I'm not sure how bad the wind chill is in NYC, but I would invest in one of those cool ear huggers/warmers that they sell at Gap. Also, remember to bring a scarf.

In the continental USA, the chances of having to shovel snow in winter but getting to enjoy mild summer days is indirectly proportional to the likelyhood of having to contend with cockroaches and other creatures of that ilk. Year round its hard to beat the Pacific Northwest.

It sure is hard to beat the Northwest, especially if you like to be completely removed from reality, or if you enjoy smoking a few bowls and tying yourself to trees. Save the whales!!

Well said, Mel. I'll drink to that. Here's a toast to Chi-town. There's no place I'd rather be than Chi-town in the summer. (now, winter....that's a different story)