hi...can anyone help me with these questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prerna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. what is the chromosome number in telophase in mitosis? its 22 i think but how do u calculate it and what would it the no be in the other phases?

2. difference in cortical and medullary nephrons?

3. what prevents the masetter mucle from closing the jaw so hard that the teeth break- muscle spindles or golgi?

4. what are reticulate and elementary bodies?

5. what type of collagen is present in pulp? 3 or 1?

6. why does glucose increase when alanine is liberated from muscle?

7. what causes the antigenic drift in influenza? is it due to the envelope or protien?

8. what is the advantage od salkin vaccine in polio?

9. culture with y or h filaments would be?

10. haversian canals in respect to the long axis of bone are parallel or perpendicular...should be perpendicular ?

11. what does a complement not bind to? IgA, G ,M ,endotoxin or immune complexes.

12. where is the dna concentration the lowest...I phase, Between G1 and S phase or M phase. i think G1.

Thanks guys...exam in a week so it would be great if you pple would help me out with these answers. sorry that the questions are so raw and without choices!

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

alanine can not be metabolized in the muscle it goes to liver where it is converted to glucose correct me if i am wrong

1. what is the chromosome number in telophase in mitosis? its 22 i think but how do u calculate it and what would it the no be in the other phases?

3. what prevents the masetter mucle from closing the jaw so hard that the teeth break- muscle spindles or golgi?

7. what causes the antigenic drift in influenza? is it due to the envelope or protien?

10. haversian canals in respect to the long axis of bone are parallel or perpendicular...should be perpendicular ?

11. what does a complement not bind to? IgA, G ,M ,endotoxin or immune complexes.

12. where is the dna concentration the lowest...I phase, Between G1 and S phase or M phase. i think G1.

Thanks guys...exam in a week so it would be great if you pple would help me out with these answers. sorry that the questions are so raw and without choices!

1. when the mitosis begins the cell hace 23 pairs of chromosomes (diploid number), so in telophase (when the cell starts to divide) the number is 23 on each "daughter" cell (not pairs of cromosomes), this is the aploid number.
2. Well, I guess It's the zone where they're located in the kindey, take a look at this graphic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sympathetic_NS.PNG
5. I think is 1, not sure
10. parallel
12. I phase is divided in G1, S, and G2, the DNA synthesis occurs during S, so by G1 the cell still has a aploid number
Good luck on your test,, let me know about your score

1. In early telophase before cytokinesis 4n but after cytokinesis 2n. 2n = 23 pairs of chormosomes. 22 pairs of autosomes+ 1 pair of sex chromosome.

2. The same nephron run through both the cortex and medulla. For me the difference is the structures or portions of nepharons found in cortex and medulla.

5. Type I collagen

7. Envelope

8. Not sure but probably - Salkin vaccine use killed virus so do not produce sporadic cases of polio like oral vaccine(?sabin)

10. Parallel to the long axis of the bone

12. G1 where the cell is diploid.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the 5 ans if you see tencates it says both 1 an 3 are present but doesnt say which one is more .. how do you say it is one

hi
the q 2- it is the LOOP OF HENLE. bcoz in cortical nephrons LOH is confined only 2 cortex where as in juxta medullary nephrons, it extends into the medulla.
regarding the complement q- the ans is ----- ENDOTOXIN . bcoz complement is fixed by all other 3 substances. correct me if iam wrong.

hi
iam sorry abt the complement q i didnt see the options properly the ans wud b -----Ig A .as it doesnt fix the complement.

if anyone can help
1.during mandibular movements from interception position, pathway of non working condyle is parallel to:
a.oblique ridge of first maxillary molar
b.lingual groove of 2nd premolar

2.microtensile strength of bonding composite is :
a.increased by 50 percent if chlorhexidine used prior to bonding,
b. increased by 70 percent if chx used prior to bonding,
c.reduced if benzalkonuim chliride used as cavity disi fectant prior bonding

-a 7 years child with thumb sucking 3mm overbite and 5mm overjet after 6 months reduced by 10 percent ,mum said its reduced to night time only
a.use habit breaker
b.monitor the case

-after psa nerve block you can
extract 7
extract 8
apicoectomy Mb root of 7
MO class 2 of 6