High GPA, low MCAT chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catsfordays

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to see what schools I should apply to. I graduated in 2016 with a degree Biology. My sGPA and cGPA was 4.0. My MCAT is a 504. I have been working as a teacher, therefore I do not have much time to study for the MCAT again as I typically put in about 50 hours a week. In terms of extracurricular activities, I was a TA for a couple of years.My clinical experience has been volunteering in at my local hospital and I have 200 hours. I have not done much non-clinical volunteering outside of mentoring kids at a community center ~50 . My research experience has been quite noteworthy, though. I am a first-author publication and have gone to a conference before. I believe that my letters of rec will be very strong, but I do lack a non-science faculty. I am also non URM. Thank you.

So far my school list is:
-state school
-Temple
-Oakland University
-Rosalind Franklin
-Quinnipac
-Toledo
-Tulane
-Minnesota
-University of Nevada- Reno (I satisfy the requirement to apply there)

Members don't see this ad.

Unless you are a resident of Ohio or Minnesota you can remove Minnesota and Toledo. You could add these schools:
NOVA MD
Seton Hall
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Seton Hall
Penn State
New York Medical College
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Also apply to at least 6 DO schools.