High level 1 low level 2 Ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dyerseve30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize there are other threads talking about this subject, but I'm asking specifically for ortho.

Will a high 600 COMLEX level 1 and a low 600 Level 2 be viewed negatively for interviews/getting ranked? Like >650 and <650. They are technically within the standard error range.

PS. I'm not trying to show off or anything, I'm just worried my hard work for level 1 will be for nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

I realize there are other threads talking about this subject, but I'm asking specifically for ortho.

Will a high 600 COMLEX level 1 and a low 600 Level 2 be viewed negatively for interviews/getting ranked? Like >650 and <650. They are technically within the standard error range.

PS. I'm not trying to show off or anything, I'm just worried my hard work for level 1 will be for nothing.

just because you can't get ortho doesn't mean your work for level 1 was for nothing....

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above poster. That is still a commendable score, whether or not you get into Ortho. Unfortunately, a lot of residency programs may see that as a red flag. If you get an interview invite, just be ready to answer a question about it. The interviewer may want to know what may have led to a lower score (death in family, etc). Whatever you do, don't attribute it to the standard error range. That will look like you can't accept responsibility and will deflect any time you encounter a problem during residency. Use it to demonstrate a strength somehow. Talk about how you have been reading more or somehow improved your study strategies. Turn the potential weakness into a strength. THAT looks good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you serious? IF COMLEX scores even matter when you're matching, why the F would a 600+ level 2 have a negative impact?

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like you did a great job on both exams. Even if you "wanted" a higher score on COMLEX II, its over and done with anyway. So don't worry about things you can't change. But honestly, you did great.