High Level 2 (705) but low Step 2 (226)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghrelin25

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm an OMSIV that just got my level 2 and step 2 scores back and as the title says I did a lot better on level 2 than on step 2. My goal was to match to an academic IM program in the SouthEast but now with the low Step 2 score I'm afraid my chances are slim. I did well on step 1 (240) and alright on level 1 (624). Anyways, just wondering what everyone thinks my chances are and if anyone has any recommendations to any academic IM programs in the SE that will give my comlex scores the time of day. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it, if asked on ACGME interviews what happened with Step 2 just reference the Level 2 percentile (not score)

Hey guys I'm an OMSIV that just got my level 2 and step 2 scores back and as the title says I did a lot better on level 2 than on step 2. My goal was to match to an academic IM program in the SouthEast but now with the low Step 2 score I'm afraid my chances are slim. I did well on step 1 (240) and alright on level 1 (624). Anyways, just wondering what everyone thinks my chances are and if anyone has any recommendations to any academic IM programs in the SE that will give my comlex scores the time of day. Thanks!

you will be fine as long as you are human