High School Physician Shadowing

tx2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a high school sophomore and I am very interested in BS/MD or BA/MD Programs. I have heard that to be competitive for these programs you should have shadowed a doctor during high school, and unfortunately I do not have connections to physicians through family. I was wondering what the best way would be to find physicians willing to have me shadow them?

Members don't see this ad.

You should go to your nearest hospital's website and look for any volunteer and shadowing opportunities! Most hospitals have them. I'm shadowing soon and I had to contact the surgeon's office directly but every hospital is different. I would definitely look into the hospitals website.

You should go to your nearest hospital's website and look for any volunteer and shadowing opportunities! Most hospitals have them. I'm shadowing soon and I had to contact the surgeon's office directly but every hospital is different. I would definitely look into the hospitals website.
Yes I will define look into my local hospitals' websites to see if I can find shadowing opportunities! Thank You! Also, did you just cold call the surgeon's office or did you find the surgeon's email online?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I will define look into my local hospitals' websites to see if I can find shadowing opportunities! Thank You! Also, did you just cold call the surgeon's office or did you find the surgeon's email online?
Well my hospital's website said to call their office directly so that's what I did! It might be different for each hospital though.

Well my hospital's website said to call their office directly so that's what I did! It might be different for each hospital though.
Lol Neuromaria9, see your becoming more active on the forums huh? :p :)