High school student/graduate writing MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GKCH

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering has anyone heard of any high school students or graduates writing the MCAT before starting university? I've done some research online but have not been able to see anything regarding that. There was one thread on this forum back in 2010. ( Can High School students take the MCAT? ) The OP asked about the possibility of writing the MCAT in high school but the post was not very well received. Now 8 years later, has anyone finally heard of high school students writing such exam? How did they do?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t heard anyone taking it that early. I mean it’s recommended to take the pre-reqs before the exam. On top of that, the score will only be good for three years, so you’re going to have to apply and take as many pre-reqs before the expiration.

I went to undergrad with a guy who took it sophomore year of college, at 19. He was advised not to, but he made a 512 by knocking cars and p/s out of the park, while his c/p and b/b sections suffered. In the end he chose to get his PhD.

A few years back we had a high school student who was taking classes at community college want to take the MCAT. He inquired about our course, but we could not in good conscience take him. Our advice to him was to not be in such a hurry, because the scores get outdated after a couple application cycles. He went ahead and took the MCAT the summer following his freshman year of college and did okay in two sections, but not well enough in the others. We had him in class the summer after his sophomore year, with biochemistry now under his belt. He nailed it on that sitting (his second), because he was ready. Based on his experience I have to say that it is pointless for you to take it while in or right after high school. There is nothing to gain doing that. Why are you in such a hurry?