archonsbk

7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I am just curious.......
I know that the highest one get is 30 on DAT.
But, historically, what is the highest score ever so far?
Once I read, somebody said that 27 is the highest ever.. is this true?
If this question is already asked and ppl are sick of this, I apologize...

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Jun 26, 2009
Status
This is a very interesting question....a 28 AA is ridiculous

LLUProf

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2008
Loma Linda and Moorpark CA
Status
Dentist
I'm curious as to how the current scoring system relates to it's predecessor. I don't know how to even make a comparison. Since I don't sit on the admissions committee I don't know what the new numbers mean exactly. Does each # still represent a range of percentile ranking? What are the current scores that are possible? (Obviously 30 is the highest) What is the lowest score given? If any of you were like me, I'm sure someone will be able to give a detailed explanation. Thanks for any help. Dr. Mitchell

USCbiograd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Charleston, South Carolina
Status
Dental Student
I'm curious as to how the current scoring system relates to it's predecessor. I don't know how to even make a comparison. Since I don't sit on the admissions committee I don't know what the new numbers mean exactly. Does each # still represent a range of percentile ranking? What are the current scores that are possible? (Obviously 30 is the highest) What is the lowest score given? If any of you were like me, I'm sure someone will be able to give a detailed explanation. Thanks for any help. Dr. Mitchell

Check out pages 17 and forward. The latest data is from 2005, so it is not incredibly current but should answer most of your questions:

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/dat_users_manual.pdf

Reactions: srice6
Jun 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
WOW a 28... that's mind-boggling. Makes me think I should have studied harder =/

LLUProf

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2008
Loma Linda and Moorpark CA
Status
Dentist