Highest Paid Residency program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmd2017yasssss

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this does not matter and no one takes this into account since they are all similar because of ASHP regulations. I am just curious, what is the highest paid residency program you have seen? I am guessing New York and SF might have the highest.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IHS residencies pay quite well if you do them as a PHS officer:

Base salary if no prior military service + pharmacist specialty pay: 63,572/yr
Basic allowance for housing: 14,652-30,996/yr (depends on location and dependency status [married or have kids vs single / no kids] - Anchorage, AK is the highest of all IHS residency sites)
Basic allowance for subsistence: 2,955/yr

Total income: 81,179 - 97,523
Total taxable income: 63,572

Plus free healthcare, low cost life insurance, time will count towards promotion eligibility and retirement, all the benefits of being active duty, etc.
 
Damn, I checked the salary of my PGY program from almost 10 yrs ago...salary only went up $1k and it is an expensive city...