Highlighting tool ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denhyg111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying to take the dat and I’ve heard there is a new highlighting tool that can be used during the reading comprehension part of the exam. I was wondering if any of you had any input regarding this new tool. Was it easy to use? Did you find yourself wasting time? Was it actually helpful? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the highlighting tool was very useful back when I took the exam! When I was going through the RC sections, I would first read through the section pretty quickly and highlight any facts or points that seemed to be of importance or general value. Many of those highlighted portions would then show up in answer choices, so it made going back into the passage to look for what I thought was important so much easier!

It honestly might be worth practicing using a similar tool now. Try downloading science articles online and highlighting them with PDF viewers as you read through. Over time, you will probably become much more efficient and be better able to point out important facts!

Thank you so much for the information! Your advise to practice highlighting pdf’s does make a lot of sense. Thank you so much once again.