highlighting using Firefox on apple mac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well by now, we all know that this does not work with AAMC tests:mad:

I am having the hardest time with IE on Mac. I run it via ubuntu and it is dead slow. Not to mention that it hangs all the time.

I am sure there are others out there using apple macs. How are you getting around the issue with highlighting not working for the AAMC tests?

I can't believe I let some one talk me into this useless mac! So far, I have had so many problems because it seems every one else wants you to use IE (including AMCAS)!

Members don't see this ad.

Well by now, we all know that this does not work with AAMC tests:mad:

I am having the hardest time with IE on Mac. I run it via ubuntu and it is dead slow. Not to mention that it hangs all the time.

I am sure there are others out there using apple macs. How are you getting around the issue with highlighting not working for the AAMC tests?

I can't believe I let some one talk me into this useless mac! So far, I have had so many problems because it seems every one else wants you to use IE (including AMCAS)!

Mac's are the best thing to ever happen to you..... given that Mac's are becoming the most used laptop by college students you'd think they'd make a test that works for it.

I've been writing mocks on computers in the library on campus.... first it gives me all the options and it also simulates the conditions better.... getting up to drive to a test location, and taking it in a quiet place around other people rather than at home on my laptop....

Last edited:
Well, I have found a solution. I just resurrected my old laptop with Win NT on it. All I needed was a keyboard and it was running fine (ofcourse, with the usual pop ups and stuff). I do find it very useful to high light, it is very helpful for staying attentive and reading well.

I agree that Mac is superior to Windows. My problem is with the rest of the world still asking you to use IE. I have run into this several times in the last one year that I owned my notebook.:mad: