1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Hit a 7 in VR test in a few days.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by vayntraubinator, Aug 9, 2011.

1. vayntraubinator

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I just took aamc 11, and am dismayed by my bad verbal :(

I hit a 7 with a breakdown of 14/7/11.

I ran out of time for the last 2 passages so idk what the deal is :scared:

/should I postpone this mcat? I've done tprh and EK101...On aamcs Ive been averaging 8-9 and dont want to mess this summers studying up. I will be a rising junior...

I've no idea what the deal is. I always miss the Roman Numeral questions. And I miss 1-2 questions if I understand the whole passage. On the last 3 passages I was really rushed for time, but usually this is not the case. I got really f'd on the turtle and phtography passages.

On the break down I miss half the application and comprehension. But I get all the evaluation and incorporation, so I obviously am understanding these passages :oops: should I void??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hotshy

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well you were averaging 8 and 9 you said on your AAMCs, So it seems possible that you could hit a 7 on a bad day, and AAMC 11 has one of the hardest verbal sections out of all the practice I would say. I averaged 11 on my practices but got a 10 on aamc 11.

Just forget about the experience and do your best on test day. Also be sure to not wrong out of time, you definitely want to be able to give every questions a solid attempt.

4. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Are you applying this year? If not, you might consider slightly delaying your test date. Your science scores are good but you need more time if you want to do well on VR.

5. coyotelime

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    How is your performance in verbal on your other FLs?

I scored below average on AAMC 11 but they really were silly errors. I did think that while none of the passages were particularly difficult(like densely written/hard to read), most of them had a tough question or two(especially the photography one lol I got owned)

It could just be an outlier, but I would definitely do some more passages before the real deal to boost your confidence.

My scores were exactly like hotshy, 11 avg but 10 on FL 11

6. vayntraubinator

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    My score on aamc 3 is 9, on aamc 4 is 8, on aamc 5 is 10 and aamc6 is 8. aamc 10 was 8 and now a 7 on aamc 11. how do you delay the test date? Im signed up for this Fri. Can I improve in couple days?

My first test for ek I got a 10 and then after that there was just a decline :/

I think I got a lot worse at VR. Maybe I been putting too much pressure on myself. I have bad test anxiety which is why I signed up to take it earlier

7. vnicolas

If you move the test date and the location you will not have to pay the fee that goes along with moving test dates.