Hogwarts School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who applied to Hogwarts School of Medicine hear anything back yet?

Getting kind of worried here...

Members don't see this ad.

Tra La La said:
Did anyone who applied to Hogwarts School of Medicine hear anything back yet?

Getting kind of worried here...

Yeah, I did.

I was rejected presecondary, which was sort of obnoxious considering I did really well on my OWLs.

Reactions: 1 user
ajt2003 said:
Yeah, I did.

I was rejected presecondary, which was sort of obnoxious considering I did really well on my OWLs.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
ajt2003 said:
Yeah, I did.

Maybe you should have joined the sweet volunteer program at St. Mungo's. Remember, EC's matter more than you think. ;)

yea dude, I didnt do super great on my OWLs (only 9) but i think they really like community service - St. Mungo's rocks! I'm hoping for an interview owl still though...

I actually got accepted last year but didn't realize my required toad wasn't for dissecting. Got kicked right out.

I tried to find the train at the station. For some strange reason, whenever I tried to run through the wall, it didn't dematerialize. Now all I have a concussion. :(

I'm a third year right now. The facilities are great but the student's are a bit cut throat.

expecto petronus!!

...i think thats right?

As you can see from my location I'm there now. But as you are all muggles this conversation is a violation of the statute of secrecy. Please don't turn me in! Its a great school. You can heal all sorts of things without expensive meds or surgery!

I got waitlisted...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been guaranteed future admission as an heir of Salazar Slytherin. Hogwarts produces incredible health professionals; you can fall 50 metres from a speeding broom in the sky and be healed within a day.

I heard some crazy gunner chippie got the prestigious Galleon Scholarship....Hermione something or the other.

--wishing she could "Accio" final decisons from remaining schools so her last semester of college could progress in peace and sans anxiety.... ;)

This is the BEST thread EVER!!! LMAO!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You all are the best! :thumbup:

:laugh: this is the cutest thread ive ever seen posted on sdn :laugh:

:luck: to all of you that got in......
my muggle blood unfortunately did not :rolleyes:

Since I'm Muggleborn, I count as a URM (under-represented magician).

Is Hogwarts on AMCAS?

heheheheh This is tooo cute. It makes me smile : )

MedicineBird said:
I actually got accepted last year but didn't realize my required toad wasn't for dissecting. Got kicked right out.

Something similar happened to this guy named Draco. They were doing cat dissection and he tried to dissect Professor McGonagal, who at the time was in her animagus state of a cat...But fortunatly she was okay. Draco on the otherhand was sent to azkaban.

"Anyone have a link to their match list? What's the average GPA and MCAT score? Hogwart vs. Drexel?-Thoughts please".

LOL

I hate wizards, warlocks and witches. Jon Denver rocks. Is Azkaban anything like San Fran?

I was accepted but I'm not sure if I want to go into Healing. I've had a good offer from Fred and George about a research position at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes though that I might take.

I think you have all forgotten that it isn't your OWLs that allow for med school admission. THose just got you into the upper division pre-reqs. IT is really your NEWT scores that help you, they determine what you can do in your life.

:cool:

Oh ....and the MCAT. I am pretty sure that they require it.

FutureDrCynthia said:
Something similar happened to this guy named Draco. They were doing cat dissection and he tried to dissect Professor McGonagal, who at the time was in her animagus state of a cat...But fortunatly she was okay. Draco on the otherhand was sent to azkaban.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D

If you can't get into Hogwarts this cycle, I've heard that there are many other reputable magical med schools abroad. It won't be the end of the world being an IMG (International Magical Graduate).

Cutest. Thread. Ever.

Now I'm going to keep thinking about how awesome it would be to study Healing at Hogwarts.

MonteeC said:
If you can't get into Hogwarts this cycle, I've heard that there are many other reputable magical med schools abroad. It won't be the end of the world being an IMG (International Magical Graduate).

Beauxbatons has a good program, but I would stay away from Durmstrang, unless you're interested in a career in Dark Medicine, which involves learning how to plague your enemies with the foulest of illnesses. They don't do much healing at Durmstrang. And - duh - they aren't even ranked in US News :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Hogwarts participates in any study abroad programs? If I get into a Muggle allopathic school, maybe I could do a rotation at Hogwarts? Do they accept transfers? How about their residency programs?

This is the coolest thread ever!!!

FutureDrCynthia said:

:laugh: :laugh:

can anyone tell me what chances does a muggle have in getting into hogwarts?

man, i like the books and all, but this has got to stop

vikaskoth said:
man, i like the books and all, but this has got to stop

It's really unfortunate when the "rejects" have to rain on the hopeful's parade. There are other schools you can apply to -- don't let the rejection letters and being called a mudblood get to you man. Better luck next year.

junathon said:

I'm sorry, to get into Hogwarts Med, you need to either be (a) an extremely capable gunner (b) have relatives that have attended the school, (c) have a vault full of goblin gold or (d) been the target of a murder attempt while still a baby. They're very competitive.

I got rejected today via owl mail.

The letter was signed by Dean Dubledore.

Oh well...I guess I have to continue my life as a Muggle.

Tra La La said:
I got rejected today via owl mail.

The letter was signed by Dean Dubledore.

Oh well...I guess I have to continue my life as a Muggle.

That's rough, dude. I have heard that they're cutting back on this year's class size due to budget constraints. It's hard to fund all those med school seats while also fighting the Dark Lord and supporting the Order of the Phoenix. I wonder why they can't just transfigure some pebbles into gold pieces, though? I guess that would just cause inflation if everybody did that. Who knows with these medical schools... always have one excuse or another.

Make it stop.

Make it stop.

I'm sorry that those of you who will not be able to attend Hogwarts Med will miss out on Dr. Snape's pharmacology course; I hear he is quite the world-renowned expert, and it certainly complements Healing nicely.

stinkycheese said:
Beauxbatons has a good program, but I would stay away from Durmstrang, unless you're interested in a career in Dark Medicine, which involves learning how to plague your enemies with the foulest of illnesses. They don't do much healing at Durmstrang. And - duh - they aren't even ranked in US News :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

For many, its Hogwarts Med or bust!

Yeah, and who'd want to go to an unranked program like Durmstrang? :laugh:

Shredder said:
I'm sorry that those of you who will not be able to attend Hogwarts Med will miss out on Dr. Snape's pharmacology course; I hear he is quite the world-renowned expert, and it certainly complements Healing nicely.

He's not as great as some people would make it seem. He knows is stuff for sure but he really plays favorites. You have to suck up to him to get a good grade in the class. Plus it is seriously dark and depressing in the dungeon he teaches in.

By the way has anyone heard about this half-blood prince that got in to hogwarts. I'm really curious to know who he his.

Shredder said:

What's pharm-a-col-ogy? Is that a muggle thing? Snape teaches POTIONS, which is soooo much more helpful for Healing. You obviously haven't read Hogwarts, A History.

dancinjenn said:
What's pharm-a-col-ogy? Is that a muggle thing? Snape teaches POTIONS, which is soooo much more helpful for Healing. You obviously haven't read Hogwarts, A History.
:laugh:

dancinjenn said:

I learned about pharmacology when i took my muggle history class. It's amazing what those muggles to do compensate for not having magic! For those of you still decided what to major in, Muggle history is great, and sure beats divinations! Plus, we all know you don't need to be a potions or care of magical creatures major to get into med school, as long as your NEWTS are good.

I'm just happy that I get the home team advantage when I apply next year to Hogwarts med, as a current student in the undergrad program. Shout out to all the Ravenclaws!

sooo..my question is..wat does the sorting hat do at the med school determine our residency placement?? and for orientation do have one of those super cool feasts?

btw...im in...i used some of my connections:) i know the minister of education and magic :laugh:

junathon said:

It can be quite difficult for muggles to get into Hogwarts. Some of the requirements that are needed to even be considered are: you must have some type of magical capabilities, good OWL and NEWT scores, 1 year of general potions and 1 year of organic potions. Don't forget about volunteer work and shadowing; St Mungo's offers opportunities for this. Also, as others have mentioned, don't forget that muggles can be considered under represented magicians (URM).

I've seen loads of muggles do well in our class, URM or not. Some wizard born students have done much worse. There was this guy though who aced his OWLs, had great volunteer experience, and a legacy but he spent so much time down at Hogsmeade that he failed all his courses. His parents tried getting him a remembrall so he would know to at least *show up* for his exams, but he forgot where he put it. :rolleyes:

palminator2003 said:
I tried to find the train at the station. For some strange reason, whenever I tried to run through the wall, it didn't dematerialize. Now all I have a concussion. :(

Hmmm..... what platform were you on? I know 9 3/4 is for the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but as for the Hogwarts School of Healing........ I want to say it's farther down, say platform 15 1/4.....??

Btw, has anyone interviewed at Hogwarts? Just wondering if it's relaxed or uptight or what. I mean, they don't give you Veritaserum to make sure you tell the truth, do they? I always wondered about that. Or maybe they don't interview at all and just send you an admissions letter?

The only schools that I've applied to are the muggle allopathic medical schools. Although I was educated in a magical school growing up, I have taken a strong affinity to muggles and was planning to live as an undercover magician in their world and study healing there. But who knows.......maybe I will give Hogwarts and the other healing schools another chance..........