Hogwarts School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i want to apply to hogwarts!! where can i sign up? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Tra La La said:
Did anyone who applied to Hogwarts School of Medicine hear anything back yet?

Getting kind of worried here...

Yeah but they rejected me b/c they concluded that I was too skilled in witch craft! :D :D

kalenakai said:
i want to apply to hogwarts!! where can i sign up? :D

You don't pick Hogwarts, Hogwarts picks you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied, but I got rejected because I couldnt get my magic wand to work at the interview :(

but dean dumbledore died...whats going to happen now

omg is anyone else waiting to hear back from hogwarts MSTP (magician-scientist training program)?? their admissions office is the worst, the secretary is such a hungarian horntail and won't tell me anything about my status!

anon-y-mouse said:
omg is anyone else waiting to hear back from hogwarts MSTP (magician-scientist training program)?? their admissions office is the worst, the secretary is such a hungarian horntail and won't tell me anything about my status!

I'll be so happy if I end up at medical school with you people.

i agree with you on that wall problem, palminator. but i had my interview the same day, and everyone can already see that if you miss an interview, you're out of the game. luckily all the other US med schools accepted me (HAHAHAHA! :)

holy crap you guys are hilarious!!! LOL. :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
If it were up to me I'd put a cruciatus curse on everyone with an mcat of 35 and higher =P

anon-y-mouse said:

I am, and I haven't even taken the MCAT yet

i almost missed my interview at Hogwarts...I was told to clean out my professors wardrobe. At first I thought i inhaled too many mothballs cuz beavers started talking to me and stuff. I had some tea with a faun and then got tempted into an ice palace with promises of many beautiful women bearing medical school acceptances. But when i got there I got b*tch slapped by some dwarf and some ice queen, who kept on calling me king (and I sighed as I thought if only my gf called me that). Turns out she has some beef with some lion and I'm involved in some prophecy. What ensued was a battle of epic proportions. Santa Claus gave me a magical sword to fight the evil queen. Then after we defeated her, I was told that I got accepted at the Narnia School of Medicine. I had an incredible career curing cancer, aids, sinus infections. Many years later, on my way to a medical conference I got lost in the woods while looking for a place to pee. I feel back through the closet and realized that no time had actually passed and that I needed to go through medical school again...damn!

P.S. if anyone wants to get distracted from med school stress, a really fun game to play is the "Narnicles of Chrunknia" you and a group of friends each have a forty and everyone takes a drink everytime they make a bible reference in the movie (i.e. "son of adam or daughter of eve"). you get soooo ducking frunk

anon-y-mouse said:

ya i got deferred :(

I read an article in the daily prophet a while back about the AAMC (Association of All Magical Colleges) asking the magical medical colleges to increase the class size by 30 percent over the next couple years to make up for the rise in illness and injury associated with the return of the dark lord. Has anybody heard if Hogwarts will be increasing their class size this year? I was number ten on the waitlist last year and a 30% increase would have guaranteed me an acceptance.

gujuDoc said:
This thread is hillarious!!!!!!!!! So what do people learn in Hogwarts??? How to cure AIDS and cancer with a magic wand, and cure bacterial infections with magic potions???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What are you talking about? The Hogwarts School of Medicine trains healers, not physicians. They treat the wizarding population and their magical maladies. Wizards and witches are already immune to muggle diseases like those.

This thread is renewing my faith in SDNers. Sense of humor and creativity seem to be rare creatures around here.

I just got in this morning by owl! Must have been that cruciatus cure I just published... Slytherin '10 all the way!

Like a few of the other posters, I also don't like this thread. :rolleyes: I guess I'm just bitter because I actually got into Hogwarts SOM but I can't afford it. My family kept our money at Gringotts and we all know what those goblins guarding the money are good for. I may differ for a year.

Man, I wanted to simply check on my status, but I ended up burning my face in the fireplace instead... (counterfeit powder... damn)

gujuDoc said:
Is there any point to this post??? The OP was just joking. Try and lighten up as the rest of the board has done so, otherwise this thread wouldn't have gone on for 5 pages.

Its actually quite entertaining in a way.
No doubt. :thumbdown:

gujuDoc said:
Is there any point to this post??? The OP was just joking. Try and lighten up as the rest of the board has done so, otherwise this thread wouldn't have gone on for 5 pages.

Its actually quite entertaining in a way.

Quite honestly, I wasnt expecting it to go this long either. I must say, im impressed. :thumbup:

I guess most of us do know how to relax every now and then.

Flopotomist said:
Man, I wanted to simply check on my status, but I ended up burning my face in the fireplace instead... (counterfeit powder... damn)

You haven't learned to apparate yet? What kind of hack magician are you?! :)

anon-y-mouse said:
You haven't learned to apparate yet? What kind of hack magician are you?! :)

You can't apparate onto the Hogwarts campus. Haven't you read "Hogwarts: A History" yet?

erin682 said:
You can't apparate onto the Hogwarts campus. Haven't you read "Hogwarts: A History" yet?

Oh snap! I thought you could apparate to nearby though, and then just walk :p

erin682 said:

Hermione?

anon-y-mouse said:
Oh snap! I thought you could apparate to nearby though, and then just walk :p

True, but with the war going on and all you never know what kind of creatures you might find guarding the gates. Its definately safer to just use the floo network.

snape_evil.jpg

Bump because I wanted to.

Slytherin Pride!

meh, I thought about applying there, but if I wanted to rely on magic to cure people, i'd just go DO instead.

/ducks.

Hogwarts isn't safe anymore without Dumbledore. :(
I'm going to Durmstram (sp)! ;)

:smuggrin: There is a reason this thread was dead for 6 months. :laugh:

the harry potter phenomenon continues to amaze me.

I just got the secondary. They are making me send in my Permanent Magician card since I am muggleborn :( . The thing is, anybody know how to send it to them, they didn't provide an address.... and I thought the INS was bad.

So I had this patient who apparently was dreaming about Harry Potter (not sure why) when our team walked in rounding on him. He jolts up and sees all the white coats and thinks they are cloaks. He's like "man I thought y'all were the Harry Potter's". We're actually a bit worried about his mental status at that point until he explained his dream. But from that point on he called us the Harry Potter clan whenever we walked in and started calling one of the students with brown hair Harry whenever he saw him. I was kind of sad to see him go....

Severus said:
You ain't no pre-allo, so get on out of here. :D
Dude, dontcha wanna bask in my wisdom or something? Plus, if you happen to choke on mystery meat I'll know what to do (in addition to the obligatory pointing and laughing). :cool:

Wow I would love to go to Hogwarts MED!

So would Snape teach Pharmacology rather than Potions....?
What would the other teachers teach? Lets pair them up!!!

Snape-Pharmacology
Trelawney-Mystical Medicine
McGonnagal-
Flitwick-
Sprout-
Binns-

Zweihander said:
Dude, dontcha wanna bask in my wisdom or something? Plus, if you happen to choke on mystery meat I'll know what to do (in addition to the obligatory pointing and laughing). :cool:

I wish I would have just choked on the mystery meat and been done with it. :rolleyes:

I'm just going to go on the record as saying that if I went to Hogwarts for medical school, I'd so get detention for potions/pharm ALL the time.

Snape = shagalicious.

Well guys, I have to tell you about my story.

three years ago before dumbledore died, I was waitlisted at the school. Then I requested a second interview with dean dumbledore, and he was pretty impressed by my knowledge about the quidditch cup. Thus I was pulled off the waitlist.

maestro1625 said:
meh, I thought about applying there, but if I wanted to rely on magic to cure people, i'd just go DO instead.

/ducks.

:laugh:

I got an interview, but when they realized my father is a lawyer, they kicked me out. I think my chances are slim.

I applied to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang too. I got waitlisted at Beauxbatons and no love from Hogwarts or Durmstrang. I think its because there was a mistype on my application. My application was supposed to read I was from Uzbekistan NOT Azkaban. I suppose I need to proof my dictations from now on. :( Damn elves and their jokes.