"Hold for Spring Consideration"

Started by pADdlelf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pADdlelf

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone interview at SUNY Downstate and get placed on hold for spring consideration?...what does this mean?...i was told this is not a waitlist...i was wondering if this is a nicer way to reject people..thanks in advance..=)
 
anyone interview at SUNY Downstate and get placed on hold for spring consideration?...what does this mean?...i was told this is not a waitlist...i was wondering if this is a nicer way to reject people..thanks in advance..=)

I thought it was the waitlist. Ah damnit oh well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, preinterview, I got put on the "hold for fall consideration" category, but they pulled me off without seeing my fall grades and gave me an interview. Maybe they'll pull me off without seeing my spring grades, because they're definitely gonna be bad.
 
Hey - I got that letter too . . .it is my understanding that the committee decided not to reject us, but they weren't 100% sure to accept us either so they will compare all of us again with the folks that interview this spring. Of course I could be wrong. It could be a psychological warfare tactic of sorts for all I know . . .:scared:
 
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Looking at some threads from previous years, it seems that people do eventually get off the hold list, but I think your chances of getting accepted, waitlisted, or rejected are about the same as anyone else. Good luck.
 
From what I remember from previous threads, you can get an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist straight off the "Hold for Spring Consideration" list. It really is a delayed decision and that decision can be any of the typical options.
 
Around when do they have the spring consideration? I was put in the hold category recently, I was under the impression that it basically turns into a waitlist. So some people do get in right from this category?
 
Ugh...got my Hold for Spring Consideration letter today...

So...still no acceptances and only one other interview...
God I'm screwed.
 
Ugh...got my Hold for Spring Consideration letter today...

So...still no acceptances and only one other interview...
God I'm screwed.


for what its worth you aren't screwed, you are on hold one place and another interview, you still got hope. when did you interview? it has been 4 weeks for me. i know its supposed to be roughly 6 weeks but i cannot wait anymore. my interview was pretty bad so i am hoping for atleast a hold.
 
for what its worth you aren't screwed, you are on hold one place and another interview, you still got hope. when did you interview? it has been 4 weeks for me. i know its supposed to be roughly 6 weeks but i cannot wait anymore. my interview was pretty bad so i am hoping for atleast a hold.

It was exactly 1 month and 3 days when I got the hold letter so...about 5 weeks.