Hold for western university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshine9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i'm placed on hold at western...i am not interviewed yet so i was put on hold even before an interview...i found out yesterday that i'm still on hold...is there anyone who was placed on hold first and THEN got an interview? should i have any hope for an interview? please help

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know I've been really worried too! I was put on hold earlier and I know the last interview is in couple of days. I doubt they'll be calling us because it’s really late in the game. I'm sorry for this discouraging reply but that’s how I saw the situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hate to pour more cold water on the situation, but its best that you know the reality of the situation....western essentially strings you along by dangling that carrot ("hold") status in front of you, giving people false hope....i was on "hold" until AUG last year and finally got a reject in the last week of aug....so riduculous...i wish that they would stop doing that, but it affords them the luxuary of maxing out their incomming class.....

Last year at the last interview in March, someone asked [for a friend] about the hold question. Western's response was that even though it was the last interview, they can still call people in and hold individual interviews. Now, personally, I don't think they actually do this, its just their way of "stringing people a long."

Could anyone tell me if I should be expecting a big or a small envelop. I think the wait is getting to me. :scared:

anything in the mail is bad if you haven't interviewed... i think.
don't they call u to schedule an interview? so far i haven't received one thing in the mail that was good news.

I just received a phone call from Western University for the last interview session for March 24th - This is their first communication since emailing me back in October stating that my file was being evaluated! It seems they have been interviewing only once a month and there will be 120 students on this last round to be interviewed. So anyone can get a phone call....hang in there and good luck to all of you out there!:)

Hey everyone,

Well, just got the dreaded letter in the mail (March 16, 2007) informing me that I'm "on hold" and that my application will be reviewed again after April 13, 2007. I thought I might get lucky and score an interview since I was able to get one at USC tomorrow! But oh well...

Has anyone been "on hold" and received an interview invitation after the last interview session?

It seems like they are just keeping their options open but if anyone was able to get an interview after the last then that would be great, meaning that there is still hope for some of us...Any info is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Someone posted earlier (not sure if its in this thread.. too lazy to check) that someone at Western said they could still hold individual interviews past the last interview date. I don't really think thats actually going to happen though, I think its just their way of justifying for keeping everyone on option.

I just got my "on hold" letter indicating they "will review" my application after April 13....this sucks.

Yeah I go the same letter. If they are going to re-review our files, does that mean they do not have a waitlist of interviewed people they will pull from first?

Yeah I go the same letter. If they are going to re-review our files, does that mean they do not have a waitlist of interviewed people they will pull from first?

The way I see it is that people on hold are just "reservists" who they pull if the people on the waitlist declines an acceptance. So in essence, I think we are the 2nd stringers... So i don't have much hope, the hold letter in my book is almost like a rejection letter.

I haven't heard of anyone who gets an interview after the last official one listed.

Last edited:

Last edited: