hole in tooth filling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1188

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok now I know this isn't the place for this or anything but I didn't know where else to put it or if there is even anywhere on this site to put it. But anyway....

I just got a filling done today for one of my teeth and I think it might have a hole or something in it, can someone look at it and tell me if they think there is anything wrong with it or if its supposed to look like that? I'm unsure. The pic is below, its the 2nd tooth from the right (your right, it would actually be on the left side of my mouth).

Even if this doesn't belong here please help and give me advice on what you think, it looks like there is a line on the filling or something, I don't know if that's normal or not and I don't have time to go to my dentist for at least a couple of days.

Thanks in advance

img.cgi

Members don't see this ad.

That's AIDS of the mouth.

Just go back and ask.

How would asking in the predental forum, where the audience is mostly undergraduate students with no professional training, help?
Although, I'm sure we would like to help, doing so would violate TOS rules of this forum. Your question also violates the TOS. Please consult your dentist or clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a Dentist without a license!! Dental school rejected me twice but as a Dental Hygienist I can tell you that seems like an AMALGAM filling that seems whitish/silver.. After a few days it will change color to silver :) or some temporary filling.. Doesn't look like composite but nothing to worry, seems normal
Haha, this is the beauty of EXPerience and clinical skills that others PRE-dents don't have :laugh:

Last edited:
How would asking in the predental forum, where the audience is mostly undergraduate students with no professional training, help?
Although, I'm sure we would like to help, doing so would violate TOS rules of this forum. Your question also violates the TOS. Please consult your dentist or clinic.
I hope my answer didn't violate any forum rules :( I was not aware that is not allow but I have a license and experience so I think my answer is valid..

It is so frequent to see people post pictures of their oral orifice in a dentistry forum but you never see people post pictures of other problematic orifices in the OB/GYN forum.
Again, we are not allowed to consult strangers though this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.