Holiday Season = No application movement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinki

Sassy Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any idea if things will begin to slow down between Thanksgiving and New Years?

I've got an interview for 11/26, but I wonder if adcoms start to break for the holidays during mid-December. My hubby's an architect, and his firm refuses to start new projects during December because it's too darned diffcult to keep the momentum going through the holiday parties, fruit cake fiestas, egg nog overdoses, trips to Granny's, etc.

As an August MCATer, I'm scrambling for everything at this point! But I'm thinking I may not hear anything else until January. It just makes the "So, how's your attempt at med school going?" questions around the fattened Christmas goose a little less fun on my part. Anyone else feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that a few schools pause interviews for a few weeks, but I haven't heard anything about them pausing work altogether. Hopefully they keep reading our apps! Get's us a little closer!!

Last year I got my first acceptance on Christmas eve, so I know they were working in December. But I was told that I was in the last batch before the ADCOM shut down for vacation.

At the Uof MN Twin cities, they offer interviews for resident applicants who go to school out of state. This way, when one is home for Christmas break, he/she can get interview. I know this because I go to school in WA, but am from MN. I asked if they happened to have any interview btx 12/x and 01/x. (I can't afford the plane ticket. Debt fastly adding up).
I don't know if other schools do this. Although, I do have two interviews sheduled the week of Dec 9th! (Along with UofMN on 30 Dec)
good luck!