Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Holiday Season = No application movement?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pinki, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Pinki

Pinki Sassy Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Any idea if things will begin to slow down between Thanksgiving and New Years?

I've got an interview for 11/26, but I wonder if adcoms start to break for the holidays during mid-December. My hubby's an architect, and his firm refuses to start new projects during December because it's too darned diffcult to keep the momentum going through the holiday parties, fruit cake fiestas, egg nog overdoses, trips to Granny's, etc.

As an August MCATer, I'm scrambling for everything at this point! But I'm thinking I may not hear anything else until January. It just makes the "So, how's your attempt at med school going?" questions around the fattened Christmas goose a little less fun on my part. Anyone else feel this way?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. siempre595

7+ Year Member

I heard that a few schools pause interviews for a few weeks, but I haven't heard anything about them pausing work altogether. Hopefully they keep reading our apps! Get's us a little closer!!

4. medicine2006

medicine2006 Happy Pisces
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Last year I got my first acceptance on Christmas eve, so I know they were working in December. But I was told that I was in the last batch before the ADCOM shut down for vacation.

5. phil413ru

phil413ru Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    At the Uof MN Twin cities, they offer interviews for resident applicants who go to school out of state. This way, when one is home for Christmas break, he/she can get interview. I know this because I go to school in WA, but am from MN. I asked if they happened to have any interview btx 12/x and 01/x. (I can't afford the plane ticket. Debt fastly adding up).
    I don't know if other schools do this. Although, I do have two interviews sheduled the week of Dec 9th! (Along with UofMN on 30 Dec)
    good luck!