Holiday Season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulUGACVM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I hope you all did well on your finals!!! And good luck if for some strange reason your school is still giving finals :)

What is everyone doing over the holidays? Working? Relaxing? Stressing over waiting to hear from the vet schools (this is what I am doing ;))

I'll be working, I just graduated this semester so I'll be going full-time full-time (not just part-time full time lol... full time on holidays part-time during school) from now on. I wonder what lurvely emergencies we'll be getting on Monday!

Members don't see this ad.

Sadly, I'll be working. One drawback to the profession, you are open on holidays! Though we do have Sunday off. We've already seen 3 dogs who have eaten chocolate so far, how about you?

I'm working sat and sun (the entire staff split kennel duties! woohoo) new years eve and new years day.

Nothing holiday related but today we did see 2 birds with Teflon poisoning that died within 5 minutes of walking through the door, then the owners split without paying. They had 10 other birds at home that were dead and those were the only 2 hanging on to life. Very sad for the birds :( they left a teflon coated pan on the stove and the fumes killed them all. The two that came in were parrots (a green and a red one... sorry cindy, I don't know my bird breeds) and the ones that died instantly were all cockatiels.