1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Holiday Season

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by HopefulUGACVM, Dec 21, 2005.

1. HopefulUGACVM

HopefulUGACVM Member
    5+ Year Member

First and foremost I hope you all did well on your finals!!! And good luck if for some strange reason your school is still giving finals :)

What is everyone doing over the holidays? Working? Relaxing? Stressing over waiting to hear from the vet schools (this is what I am doing ;))

I'll be working, I just graduated this semester so I'll be going full-time full-time (not just part-time full time lol... full time on holidays part-time during school) from now on. I wonder what lurvely emergencies we'll be getting on Monday!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. skibum

skibum Member
    10+ Year Member

Sadly, I'll be working. One drawback to the profession, you are open on holidays! Though we do have Sunday off. We've already seen 3 dogs who have eaten chocolate so far, how about you?

4. HopefulUGACVM

HopefulUGACVM Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm working sat and sun (the entire staff split kennel duties! woohoo) new years eve and new years day.

Nothing holiday related but today we did see 2 birds with Teflon poisoning that died within 5 minutes of walking through the door, then the owners split without paying. They had 10 other birds at home that were dead and those were the only 2 hanging on to life. Very sad for the birds :( they left a teflon coated pan on the stove and the fumes killed them all. The two that came in were parrots (a green and a red one... sorry cindy, I don't know my bird breeds) and the ones that died instantly were all cockatiels.

5. PAThbrd

PAThbrd LA Surgery Resident
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Merry Christmas!!!

Wishing everyone acceptance letters for the New Year :)