Holy moly look at all these jobs!!!

Started by Its Z
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Its Z

Retired
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LocationTitleCompanyDallas, TXDirector of Pharmacy - PlanoPharmericaDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Patient Aligned Care TeamDepartment of Veterans AffairsDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Patient Aligned Care TeamDepartment of Veterans AffairsDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist for Ingenix Payer Solutions - TelecommuteUnitedHealth GroupDallas, TXInterim DOPComplete Rx Ltd.US, DallasPHARMACY ASSISTANT C8H5RF61KY5HSQDRPBYDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Baylor University Medical Center - PRN ( aBaylor Health Care SystemIrving, TXPharmacy TechnicianRX SolutionsDallas, TXPharmacistMethodist McKinney HospitalDallas, TXPharmacy Auditor On-siteCVS CaremarkRichardson, TXPharmacist - Clinical Care ServicesCVS CaremarkCarrollton, TXPHARMACY TECHNICIAN - Training Program AvailableUS Medical AssistantIrving, TXClinical PharmacistHumanaDallas, TXClinical/Staff PharmacistKAYE/BASSMANDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Baylor University Medical Center - PRN( asBaylor Health Care SystemArlington, TXPharmacistDallas, TXOutpatient Staff Pharmacist - Baylor University Medical Center -Baylor Health Care SystemIrving, TXSr. Director, Front End Pharmacy OperationsPrime Therapeutics LLCDallas, TXGeneral Manager, Clinical & Regulatory ComplianceQVL Pharmacy Holdings, IncIrving, TXPharmacy Technician Professional PracticesPrime Therapeutics LLCRichardson, TXPharmacy TechnicianMedix Staffing Solutions, Inc.Irving, TXClinical Pharmacist - Part-timeHumanaDallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and VaBaylor Health Care SystemDallas, TXPharmacist Clinical Coordinator - Day scheduleGrapevine, TXCertified Pharmacy Technician - Baylor Regional Medical Center oBaylor Health Care SystemUS, DallasEntry Level Pharmacy Tech C8H5RF61KY5HSQDRPBYCarrollton, TXDIRECTOR PHARMACY - Baylor Medical Center at CarrolltonBaylor Health Care SystemDallas, TXPharmacistSelect Medical CorpUS, AllenPHARMACY TECHNICIAN C8A5KB6XFFTBVC67GS3US, PlanoPHARMACY TECHNICIAN C8A5KB6XFFTBVC67GS3Dallas, TXClinical Pharmacist - Baylor University Medical Center - PRN (asBaylor Health Care SystemDallas, TXDaVita RX - Certified Pharmacy Technician ( CphT ) - Project SymDaVita, Inc.Dallas, TXPharmacy TechSelect Specialty HospitalDallas, TXField Support Operations ManagerQVL Pharmacy Holdings, IncPlano, TXPharmacy Technician (Floating)Kroger Southwest DivisionDallas, TXPharmacist - Clinical Implementations (PCN 114, 122, 123)-100501Tenet - CorporateUS, Flower MoundPharmacy Technician C7X697656BCQCNPNJHXIrving, TXPHARMACY TECHNICIAN - Training Program AvailableUS Medical AssistantLewisville, TXPharmacy TechnicianRX SolutionsUS, MesquitePharmacy Tech C7X697656BCQCNPNJHXUS, LewisvillePHARMACY TECHNICIAN C8A5KB6XFFTBVC67GS3Dallas, TXClinical System Analyst (Order Set) - Programmer Systems AnalystBaylor Health Care SystemDallas, TXCertified Pharmacy Technician - Enrollment - Coppell , TXDaVita, Inc.Carrollton, TXSenior Financial/Business AnalystMcKesson - PharmaceuticalGrapevine, TXClinical Pharmacist - Baylor Regional Medical Center of GrapevinBaylor Health Care SystemCoppell, TXPharmacy TechnicianAjilon Professional StaffingDallas, TXClient Service Analyst - Irvine, CA; Green Bay, WI; Dallas, TX;UnitedHealth GroupIrving, TXPharmacy Technician Needed To Teach Pharm Tech ClassesAnthem Education GroupUniversity Park, TXCertified Pharmacy Technician - PermanentYohFort Worth, TXClinical Pharmacist for Large Health NetworkJPS Health Network
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, but did you see anything available that a new grad or resident could apply for that is outside of Texas?

Granted, I've seen a lot of jobs in my area recently, but very few of them are entry level.
 
But you'd think twice when you see your paycheck is a little bigger with no state income tax.

I will stay in Washington. No income tax here and the area I live in has reasonably cheap housing.

I actually like Texas but it would be tough to leave the beautiful Pacific NW, green and water all around. Outdoor paradise! Snowmobile and ski part of the year and fish and mountain bike the rest of the year!
 
I will stay in Washington. No income tax here and the area I live in has reasonably cheap housing.

I actually like Texas but it would be tough to leave the beautiful Pacific NW, green and water all around. Outdoor paradise! Snowmobile and ski part of the year and fish and mountain bike the rest of the year!


mmmm... if you like the drizzle 8 to 9 months out of the year.. yeah.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
and I don't know why y'all gotta turn this into a let's bash TX thread...

It's not like we're asking y'all to move here..
 
I will stay in Washington. No income tax here and the area I live in has reasonably cheap housing.

I actually like Texas but it would be tough to leave the beautiful Pacific NW, green and water all around. Outdoor paradise! Snowmobile and ski part of the year and fish and mountain bike the rest of the year!

How's the job market out in WA? I have my eye on the area (I like the Pacific NW).
 
Who wants to live in TX?

Quite a few people. Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio are ranked in the 10 top fastest growing cities in the nation according to CNBC and USA Today.

Personally, my favorite city in Texas is Austin. Very unique from the rest of Texas, and cost of living isn't terrible. Plus, Longhorn football!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are jobs.

they will pay to fly you all over for interviews.

you just have to sell your soul to the academic machine for 2 years.

/employed.
 
there are jobs.

they will pay to fly you all over for interviews.

you just have to sell your soul to the academic machine for 2 years.

/employed.


I don't know of any PGY2s having a hard time securing a job.
 
I don't know of any PGY2s having a hard time securing a job.

actually there are like 6 critical care jobs in the whole country right now. Those guys are struggling a bit, but it just depends on how picky you are.
 
actually there are like 6 critical care jobs in the whole country right now. Those guys are struggling a bit, but it just depends on how picky you are.

You mean... some can afford to be picky??
 
Well, I look at the gun laws, high speed limits, and cheap houses and want to move there fast, but I don't know if I can abandon NYC. I like staying out all night on the weekends and coming home at 4AM-5AM. I'm not sure if there's much to do in Texas at that time of night.

you may not tend to enjoy that forever though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I look at the gun laws, high speed limits, and cheap houses and want to move there fast, but I don't know if I can abandon NYC. I like staying out all night on the weekends and coming home at 4AM-5AM. I'm not sure if there's much to do in Texas at that time of night.

border control? cow tippin'? wild horse wranglin'?

The possibilities are ENDLESS!