1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Honest opinion of Wayne State

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Szkwicz, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Szkwicz

Szkwicz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've checked out Wayne State and Michigan pretty extensively, and I'd have to say I'm a bigger fan of the program over at Wayne State...mostly due to the huge hospital system, but I'm just very impressed with their program as a whole.
    Some of my pre-med friends think I'm pretty nuts for liking Wayne State over Michigan. I personally don't think I'm nuts.
    So, I guess what I'm asking is for either folks who go there, or who have interviewed/toured etc., what did you think of the program there?? What things did you like or not like??
    I know that different aspects of schools attract different people, and we all have different reasons for picking one place over another, but I'm just curious to see what some fellow posters think of Wayne. Thanks y'all.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Hey there.
    I also found Wayne State very appealing, almost beating out Michigan State in my mind. I've heard from many physicians that Wayne St. offers a better education than MSU.
    The only drawback is of course the location. Szkwicz, let me know where you end up going. :)

Mossjoh

4. gobears

gobears Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Woah, Michigan State or University of Michigan?

5. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

I was comparing it to Michigan State. He was comparing it to Michigan

6. Szkwicz

Szkwicz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Word, I was comparing it to Michigan.
    In response to Mossjoh:
    I don't know if I'm in anywhere yet...MSU still hasn't contacted me about an interview...but in my eyes, Wayne has a much stronger program than MSU, especially since I'm not 100% set on primary care.
    I'm pretty sure that if I get into MSU and Wayne that I'll go to Wayne, but I have yet to see MSU first hand, so it's still kinda hard to say.

7. jimmybee

jimmybee Internal Medicine Hospitalist, formerly med/peds
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to give you a first year's oppinion about Wayne State. I personally love it here and I truly think that Detroit gets a bad rap. I come from a really small community but I currently live downtown Detroit and find it to be very nice. As far as comparing Wayne to other schools, I am not really into that. But, what I can tell you is that I was accepted to MSUCHM and MSUCOM and chose to come here to Wayne.

You guys will get in :)

--jimmybee