Honest opinion of Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Szkwicz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've checked out Wayne State and Michigan pretty extensively, and I'd have to say I'm a bigger fan of the program over at Wayne State...mostly due to the huge hospital system, but I'm just very impressed with their program as a whole.
Some of my pre-med friends think I'm pretty nuts for liking Wayne State over Michigan. I personally don't think I'm nuts.
So, I guess what I'm asking is for either folks who go there, or who have interviewed/toured etc., what did you think of the program there?? What things did you like or not like??
I know that different aspects of schools attract different people, and we all have different reasons for picking one place over another, but I'm just curious to see what some fellow posters think of Wayne. Thanks y'all.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there.
I also found Wayne State very appealing, almost beating out Michigan State in my mind. I've heard from many physicians that Wayne St. offers a better education than MSU.
The only drawback is of course the location. Szkwicz, let me know where you end up going. :)

Mossjoh

Woah, Michigan State or University of Michigan?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was comparing it to Michigan State. He was comparing it to Michigan

Word, I was comparing it to Michigan.
In response to Mossjoh:
I don't know if I'm in anywhere yet...MSU still hasn't contacted me about an interview...but in my eyes, Wayne has a much stronger program than MSU, especially since I'm not 100% set on primary care.
I'm pretty sure that if I get into MSU and Wayne that I'll go to Wayne, but I have yet to see MSU first hand, so it's still kinda hard to say.

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to give you a first year's oppinion about Wayne State. I personally love it here and I truly think that Detroit gets a bad rap. I come from a really small community but I currently live downtown Detroit and find it to be very nice. As far as comparing Wayne to other schools, I am not really into that. But, what I can tell you is that I was accepted to MSUCHM and MSUCOM and chose to come here to Wayne.

You guys will get in :)

--jimmybee