Hopkins and Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one would you choose to go to?

• Harvard Medical School

Votes: 83 54.2%
  • Johns Hopkins School of Medicine

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • neither

Votes: 26 17.0%

• Total voters

Ella Shepherd

Screen. Stage. Studio.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if you had a chance to decide between Harvard med school and Johns Hopkins med school, which would you choose and why? :)

Members don't see this ad.

The reason I'd choose Harvard is strictly b/c it would allow me to stay home. Otherwise I wouldn't give a hoot about the schools themselves.

You have to have something better to do with your time.

well.. hopkins it is.

Members don't see this ad :)
:p Yeah. I'll go watch TV now. It's Sunday. Nothing to do... :D

Harvard.

Having now lived in both Boston and Baltimore, I definitely like Boston better.

neither, I don't feel like either would be a good fit for me. I really think all this obsession with big names is so out of hand and irrelevant.

Jk, Harvard in a heartbeat. I can only imagine dropping the Harvard MD bomb.... nice.

Hopkins. The winter is too long in Boston. The winter is too long in Baltimore, but it's longer in Boston. But really, neither since Durham is even warmer. Duke!

cambridge is an amazaing place!!great culture..its like a little rural england in the united states!

Make both schools fight for you.

Screw them both. In the long run, a doctor from JH or Harvard is as likely to get hired as a doctor from State U.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with something positive. Go UCSF! If only we had a mascot...

Screw them both. In the long run, a doctor from JH or Harvard is as likely to get hired as a doctor from State U.

what is this based on?

anyway, I didn't get into Harvard but I did get an offer from JH. I ended up choosing Yale.

what is this based on?

anyway, I didn't get into Harvard but I did get an offer from JH. I ended up choosing Yale.

Not really based on anything, aside from being tired of the hype surrounding both of them.

Psh, why would you learn medicine at either of those places when you could go to medical school in the Dirty South? :)

I like how people are taking this opportunity to say

"neither, i chose so and so"

Congratulations on your acceptances guys.

isnt it rite down route 66? from mission hill to harvard square

Cambridge and Longwood aren't really comparable at all in terms of the character of the two places...in so far as being "rural England" or whatever.

Anyway, this is an easy question. Boston beats Baltimore every time...

Wow. Congratulations to those who got accepted. :D

P.S. Harvard's winning...

Well, I'm assuming we're doing this based on prestige factor only, so I'd say Harvard. Yes, the medical community may have overwhelming respect for JHU, but people who don't know **** about anything would still recognize Harvard as the real deal.

Plus I've always wanted to live in Mass.

isnt it rite down route 66? from mission hill to harvard square

HMS is in Longwood with all the hospitals and medical centers. Actually, at this moment, i am working in one of those hospitals about 1 mile away from HMS.
Longwood is very different from Cambridge.

Loooooove Boston, but I'm gonna have to vote for my future alma mater...

=)