Hopkins Secondary Essay Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Astrithir

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the Hopkins secondary prompts is: "Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment:"

What if I have no preference? Do I still have to comment? Just write a "no"? Or should I pick something, anything, and write about that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't have one, then I'd leave it blank. It's an optional essay.

I wouldn't just make one up because if you get asked questions about it in the interview, you need to be able to back up your responses.

Astrithir said:
One of the Hopkins secondary prompts is: "Are there any areas of medicine that are of particular interest to you? If so, please comment:"

What if I have no preference? Do I still have to comment? Just write a "no"? Or should I pick something, anything, and write about that?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

DONT leave it blank! The question is not asking you what kind of doctor you want to be...it's simply asking what area of medicine may interest you. If no area of medicine even interests you, then they will think you are going into the wrong profession. You dont have to choose your specialty here! But you should be interested in at least one or two areas of medicine already. Just dont make the mistake of saying "I know I want to be a pediatric oncologist" or something that is too definitive.