Hopkins Waitlist 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1956Goldtop

It looks like its about time to get a unified thread for all us Hopkins Alternate List people. I just got my continued interest form. Let's hope for great movement this year!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll join in, don't feel too foolish.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with you! I've been waitlisted for Hopkins since October, so I'm kinda settled into the waiting game. It's only mildly annoying now, but come May 15th, I'm sure I'll start biting my nails again.

i'm exactly in your boat lilmissdoctor! first interview day so it's been a LONG time.

i saw that someone had gotten their summer contact letter...anyone else? (i'm actually IN baltimore and haven't gotten one yet)

I live in baltimore, and I recieved it a couple days ago.

i'm exactly in your boat lilmissdoctor! first interview day so it's been a LONG time.

i saw that someone had gotten their summer contact letter...anyone else? (i'm actually IN baltimore and haven't gotten one yet)

I'm in CA and I got mine yesterday. FYW, the letter said that if they didn't hear back from you by May 15th, they would remove you from the waitlist...so you should probably contact them. Look at this way, now you have a legit reason to call the admissions office and profess your love for Hopkins.

Hey, me too on the first day interview. They sure got our hopes high, didn't they? lol. It was a small crowd and everyone was very nice, which means you were one of em. So good luck to us first dayers!

In Baltimore, just got my summer contact info today too.

i am at retreat for work and have been away but now im gonna drive my butt all the way back to work (45 min away from my house from here) to pick up my mail...haha =)

Batmonque, my bet is that you will be getting great news. Columbia vs Hopkins!!!

haha thanks mang!!! we should hold this thread down =)

nooo i dint get into columbia!! my post was very misleading but it was in reference to being afraid of lots of wl movement at our #1 choice but not being a part of it...but in the context of that wL thread it was like :confused:

anyways hopkins is actually the only wL im holding--so its my number one...lets keep this thread alive...i get envious of the duke/columbia threads getting so much love...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I have a current acceptance at Hopkins and wanted to let you know that I am 99.9% sure that I will withdraw in the next couple of days. Good luck with the waitlist movement!

mUAhaha...please do!! and send that memo to all your accepted compadres ;)

I think a lot of people are displeased with their financial aid packages this year...theres another thread on it somewhere. I am guessing that will be the main reason people go with another school. I nominate Goldtop to be this year's Doko (minus the non-acceptance). haha

Does anyone have the email address for the admissions office? Can't find it on their website or in my records, but if anyone can tell me they can (potentially) have my spot in the class!

this is an e-mail i used when i had questions about my app (before interview) and someone (Dean Hicks) responded...don't know if its the 'official one' but i found it in my e-mail box and it worked for me..

cleardot.gif
[email protected]

Dear lord, I am antsy these days waiting for Hopkins. I will scream out my window in utter bliss if I get in!

Thanks guys! Good luck!

Dear lord, I am antsy these days waiting for Hopkins. I will scream out my window in utter bliss if I get in!

Haha, I'm a little antsy for you too Goldtop, and I don't even know you except through SDN threads. I hope you hear back good news, but at least it's already a given that you're into an awesome school. :hardy:

Anyone know when the waitlist might start moving? I tried looking back through past years' threads and the earliest I found was the end of May...not cool. I think we all might die from aneurysms first.

Hope you're in my class next year 1956Goldtop. They should base Waitlist movement on # of related posts on SDN. You'd win hands down!

Goldtop, I am also wishing with you. I hope we could be classmates (Fingers crossed:luck:)

dont mean to raise anyones blood pressure by bumpin this...but i dont like seeing us on the third page...we must be ready to anticipate some ACTION!!! :)

happy friday everyone

Does anyone think it is necessary to call or email their office to check if they received the letter that requests to still be included in the waitlist...
or I am just being unnecessarily nervous?:scared:

I've heard numbers such as 40, and 1/2 the class being thrown around for the number of people taken off the waitlist. I sure hope there is some movement this year.

I've heard numbers such as 40, and 1/2 the class being thrown around for the number of people taken off the waitlist. I sure hope there is some movement this year.

WISHING YOU THE BEST! I know how much you've been wanting this :) And me and bunny both got good news so hopefully you do too!:luck::luck::luck:

I bet there would be movement. A lot of people who were accepted on SDN withdrew. I guess spots will open up.:luck:

WISHING YOU THE BEST! I know how much you've been wanting this :) And me and bunny both got good news so hopefully you do too!:luck::luck::luck:

*nodnod* I agree with Text. It's GOT to happen for you!!

(also- Hopkins owes me a rejection letter).

*nodnod* I agree with Text. It's GOT to happen for you!!

(also- Hopkins owes me a rejection letter).

Yeah, the WL gods came through for me, bunny, Nehc, and DocDreamer, so hopefully it'll do the same for you! Haha, I remember all of us being kinda jittery in march being WL at our dream schools, I'm so happy things turned out well.

Haha, you can have my rejection letter if you like! :p I was pretty bummed about being rejected from Hopkins post interview (my first post interview rejection too), but I think it worked out for the best because I'm loving Philly's chinatown!

:luck::luck::luck::luck: guys!!!! Sending you all the lucky vibes I can :)

:oops: Thanks guys, you are all the best (can more than one person be the best???).

I really hope she was wrong. That doesnt sound good at all

yea geez. that sounds bad...

thanks for sharing the info though brock samson...

Hmm...apparently Mt. Sinai and Emory said the same thing. So maybe it was a super competitive year, or that's just what schools say at this time?

Anyways, good luck!

I called today. The lady I spoke with said that the class is still overfilled and they won't be taking anyone off the waitlist until June 1 at the earliest.

Do you happen to know who she is? As in is she just an admissions staff, or asst dean or member of the committee?

I really want to know so that I can stop waiting. The wait is actually worse now because I am freaking out about whether I will gett good housing and room mates at my second choice school.:(

Do you happen to know who she is? As in is she just an admissions staff, or asst dean or member of the committee?

I really want to know so that I can stop waiting. The wait is actually worse now because I am freaking out about whether I will gett good housing and room mates at my second choice school.:(

I'd say secure a place to live at the school you're in at now, and if you have to make the happy move to bmore last minute, let me know, I'm pretty familiar with the area and can make some recommendations :)

Well, even with all the stuff with financial aid this year, we still got a very high retention, so unfortunately we are overfilled. Some students are still holding multiple acceptances (whether because they're not following the rules or their schools have been slow to process their withdrawl) so that should bump the number down a bit, and some will withdraw after they get off other waitlists, but its looking like there might not be that much waitlist movement this year, or at least that there's not some massive financial aid crisis that caused a lot of people to drop.

A lot the financial aid stuff turned out to be a lot of mistakes and miscommunication, a lot of people got better offers after Revisit Weekend.

And I'm sorry, that's all I can say, your personal situation may differ (you may be at the very top of the waitlist) so don't assume this is the end for your application until you get a letter.

Wow this is exceedingly depressing. I don't see myself getting off any of the waitlists that I am on with the way things have been going. Reapplying is not going to be fun.

Wow this is exceedingly depressing. I don't see myself getting off any of the waitlists that I am on with the way things have been going. Reapplying is not going to be fun.

It's not over till August! Good luck man, I really hope one of those WL pulls through for you! I feel like if you're good enough to get an interview and a WL from Hopkins, you should be good enough to get off at least 1 of the 8 WLs.

Heh...even though I was already rejected post-interview from Hopkins, I'm still addicted to this thread. Inexplicable. And sad..I know.

Brock, you are the bearer of bad news in all my waitlist threads.
I'm glad you are finding out useful info, but jeesh. The least you could do is add a smiley face to accompany your utterly hope-crushing posts.
I tease :).

It's not over till August! Good luck man, I really hope one of those WL pulls through for you! I feel like if you're good enough to get an interview and a WL from Hopkins, you should be good enough to get off at least 1 of the 8 WLs.

Heh...even though I was already rejected post-interview from Hopkins, I'm still addicted to this thread. Inexplicable. And sad..I know.

Until they send me some kind of notification of my rejection (email, snail mail, phone call, carrier pigeon, whatever), I am STILL a Hopkins hopeful- of course, you guys all have a much, much MUCH better chance of acceptance than I do, what with being interviewed and all.

I think that there's still hope for you guys (this is via bunny intuition, not the JHU admissions office) :luck::luck::luck: