Horse Showing as a Vet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GallopRealyFast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I kiss my horse show competition days goodbye? I wonder what it is, I just never see any vets competing...I see plenty of doctors that show but no vets.
 
I know of a vet in Ky that ran Rolex several years back and still competes at the higher levels of the eventing world and another one in Pa that runs a few of his own horses intermediate. And then I know of some vets that ride/show regularly at a more "normal"/local level. Some people in my class are still showing, even during school.
 
I know several veterinarians who show horses. There's no reason you can't as long as you can find the time (and money).