hottest fields in medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiantGiantsFan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what will be some hot fields/specialties within medicine over the next 20 or 30 years? anyone know of articles on the topic?

Members don't see this ad.

GiantGiantsFan said:
what will be some hot fields/specialties within medicine over the next 20 or 30 years? anyone know of articles on the topic?

it seems to me that there is still a lot to be done in the area of genetics and cancer. they are starting to do some interesting things with nanotechnology as well.... but i mean, i guess it depends on what u consider "hot". Hot, as in will make a lot of money, will be very interesting with a lot of new developments, or both...

fun8stuff said:
it seems to me that there is still a lot to be done in the area of genetics and cancer. they are starting to do some interesting things with nanotechnology as well.... but i mean, i guess it depends on what u consider "hot". Hot, as in will make a lot of money, will be very interesting with a lot of new developments, or both...

Geriatrics is supposed to get big with all the baby boomers getting old. So I guess its "hot" because there will be more patients in that specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
Havarti666 said:
Electromolecularity.

Is that when you try to make cheese by splitting H2O?

noncestvrai

memory chip implants. nanotech.

this field is gonna be hizot! Then everyone can get 280's on the USMLE.

Its Hansel....he's so hot right now

Those are the big ones. I think Orthopedics is big right now too because of all the success they are having.

BaylorGuy said:
Its Hansel....he's so hot right now

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Someone had to give you props for that!

Teleradiology. From the moon. You might even say the earth is our moon. But that would disgrace the name of our moon...which is "the moon."

I think Dermatology or cosmetic surgery, people are fixed on looking younger and younger and also hottest medicine is relative, you must consider your Geographic location :cool:

chameleonknight said:
Teleradiology. From the moon. You might even say the earth is our moon. But that would disgrace the name of our moon...which is "the moon."

Dude, the mooninites are magical, magical characters.

Yeah, flip him the bird.

BaylorGuy said:
Pediatric Gynecology :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Oh man, you're a sick puppy! Isn't that called child molestation?! :D

lnn2 said:
Oh man, you're a sick puppy! Isn't that called child molestation?! :D

Yeah, in the same way that giving a rectal exam is called sodomy.

My girlfriend is strongly considering fellowship in peds and adolescent gyn. I'm just hoping she brings home some of her work. I'll have to make sure she has a large trunk on her car.

On a serious note, nobody knows what's going to happen in medicine in 5 years, much less 20-30. I suppose then it's no wonder that this thread has devolved into sophisticated jokes involving pederasty.