Hours of sleep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

Just curious, how many hours of sleep do you guys get on the average?

I try to hit 8 hours for 2-3 nights in the week, and the other nights 4-6 hours...

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, how many hours of sleep do you guys get on the average?

I try to hit 8 hours for 2-3 nights in the week, and the other nights 4-6 hours...

When I'm in school: 5-6 hours
Summer: 8 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
I get about 5 on weekdays and like 10 on weekends haha. Very unhealthy, but it started due to some personal issues and it's hard to break. It's definitely one of the things I'm going to work on before d school. School was way easier when I was getting 8 hours a night my first 3 years.

I get about 5 on weekdays and like 10 on weekends haha. Very unhealthy, but it started due to some personal issues and it's hard to break. It's definitely one of the things I'm going to work on before d school. School was way easier when I was getting 8 hours a night my first 3 years.

Haha, this sounds like me. Generally like 5-6 hrs on the week days and like 8+ on the weekends.....

Usually 7 hrs. 6 I can function. 5 i feel like dying. Before midterms I usually get 8+ so I can think clearly.

Usually 4-6 hours of sleep and I feel tired after all the 4 and 5 hour ones.

But if we're counting my Tuesday Thursday naps during physiology lecture, I'm probably around 6-8 hours. ;)

Usually 7 hrs. 6 I can function. 5 i feel like dying. Before midterms I usually get 8+ so I can think clearly.

Love how you listed "sleep" as one of your ECs on predents.com. :thumbup:

I have a routine that I stick very close to. If I deviate, I get cranky. I am in bed by 11:30 Sunday through Thursday, and am awake by 7:30. I am just about to head to bed here by about 11:20 or so, so I might get a few more min of sleep! haha :thumbup:

I don't have a set schedule.
I sleep as much as I can. Sometimes it's not much more than 4 hours. Other times it's as much as 9 hours.

I'm nocturnal. School's easy this year (senior year) so I sleep like 10-12 hrs a day. When classes were hard, I used to sleep around 5-7. Sometimes less or all nighters during exam week because I'm cramming hard.

5 hours is very typical for me (been this way since my teenage years).... Matter of fact, I am usually up almost exactly 5 hours after I put my head on the pillow (no alarm necessary).... Yeh I know its weird.

My 5 hours is the typical 8-10 of most people I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
MW - 9-10 hours
TR - 8-9 hours

weekends.....however long i feel like :D

maybe a nap in there somewhere too

Sleep is for the weak.

7-9 hours a night with little exception. I never pull all nighters and its never hurt my gpa. An hour of well rested study time is much more productive than 3 hours of half-assed drowsy study.

7hrs a night when working/busy. When im not busy things get nuts ~10hrs average but 14-16hrs happens.

Undergrad: 7-9 hours on weekdays :), 10+ on weekends

Dschool: 3-5 hours on weekdays :(, 8-10 on weekends

Wow a lot of you get some good sleep time :) So how is it like being intelligent lol

waaaah!?!? omg :eek: how do you function with 3 hours of sleep!?!!
st_redbull_f.jpg

Anything below 7 hour and I become borderline non-functional. If I don't get enough sleep at night, I tend to make up for the lack of sleep during class time.

When I saw a picture was posted I immediately thought adderall, then I saw the entire picture. haha. I'm more of a coffee man over redbull, simply for the broke undergrad status and black gold being less expensive than winged cans.

No one else is noctural on SDN? =/

I was very nocturnal during my undergrad years. Simply, I just couldn't study during the day. Always stayed up late till like 4-5 AM to get studying done for exams. I'm trying to fix this habit in D-school but who knows lol... I wanna get things done during the day like everyone else.

I need to sleep about 6-7 hours to function well throughout the day. 5-6 hours I can get through a day. Below 5... -_-

On the other hand, I don't like to sleep over 9 hours. I feel more tired throughout the day and all I want to do is sleep if I sleep more than 9 hours. That is so unproductive lol.

I was very nocturnal during my undergrad years. Simply, I just couldn't study during the day. Always stayed up late till like 4-5 AM to get studying done for exams. I'm trying to fix this habit in D-school but who knows lol... I wanna get things done during the day like everyone else.

I need to sleep about 6-7 hours to function well throughout the day. 5-6 hours I can get through a day. Below 5... -_-

On the other hand, I don't like to sleep over 9 hours. I feel more tired throughout the day and all I want to do is sleep if I sleep more than 9 hours. That is so unproductive lol.

My thoughts exactly.. but I have a feeling we will eventually relapse into our nocturnal study habits in DS lol real unhealthy

My thoughts exactly.. but I have a feeling we will eventually relapse into our nocturnal study habits in DS lol real unhealthy

lol I know that is exactly what is going to happen, but I am in denial at the moment haha

I know that I have to get 8 hours, or I am completely useless. I actually hate sleeping. I would LOVE to be one of those people that only need 5-6 hours. Think of all the stuff you could DO with that extra time! Soooo jealous.

Undergrad: 4-6 hours per night
Dental School: 8-10 hours

could make sense if undergrad was spent partying and D school was taken more seriously.

If you wanna be a pah tee animal, you better get some sleep. No pah tee with 4-6 hour sleep man lol.

6 hours of sleep minimum.

I will skip that 8:00 class if I don't get the 6 hours.

I fear the exact same thing. I can rarely be productive until after 8 or 9pm…it irritates me to no end! lol

WTF? Isn't that backwards? haha

Nope, it's right. In undergrad anything under an A was crap. Now that I don't have to prove anything anymore I shoot for a B+ and am able to take better care of myself.

Undergrad: 4-6 hours per night
Dental School: 8-10 hours

WTF? Isn't that backwards? haha

I can see this happening to me. I'd probably take school a lot more seriously, not procrastinate as much, actually go to class, and spend less time goofing around. Also, I would be forced to get rid of my nocturnal ways and sleep on time in order to make it to class.

School: 4-6
Full-time job: 8-9
Weekends: Forever

I'm in my first semester of D1 and I sleep 7-8 hours a night, 7 nights a week. Sleep is one of the best ways to stay healthy and keep your mind clear during school.

I try my best to keep it 8 hours every night. Melatonin helps me with that...