Housing at Usyd/Sydney

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowmellow

Usyd Dent Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of news articles about recent housing problems in Sydney/Usyd areas.:scared::confused::scared::confused:

Is it really hard to find suitable/clean studio/one bedroom in Sydney?

I think price ranges from 200/week to 230/week and obviously it would be better if cheaper but cannot find any cheap place on the internet.

Any comments/advices?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed a lot of news articles about recent housing problems in Sydney/Usyd areas.:scared::confused::scared::confused:

Is it really hard to find suitable/clean studio/one bedroom in Sydney?

I think price ranges from 200/week to 230/week and obviously it would be better if cheaper but cannot find any cheap place on the internet.

Any comments/advices?
Thanks.

280-350/week is probably a more realistic rent, but it depends heavily on where you live.

Right now I am first hand dealing with Sydney area realtors and they are a pain the ass compared to what I dealt with in Brisbane. Housing close the Harbour area is definitely hard to get and USyd is just outside of the CBD area. Only the North side is just as bad. It does not seem so hard to find a place to live further West or in South Sydney but as a student this could be headache.

200 a week??!! Are you kidding?? Most good places are at least $300 a week and prime Sydney locales such as Pyrmont and Bondi are $500 a week or even more for a one bedroom or studio. Inner West Sydney, the norm seems $250 to $350 for studio to one bedroom unit.

Last edited: