Housing Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naoise151

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a friend who was wondering what the on campus housing situation is at the schools. She was just curious to know if most people live on campus during their first year. She basically applied to almost all of the pod schools (except for one in california and NY) and so if anyone had any input about their respective schools that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. To my knowledge Chicago, NY, Kent, and DMU aren't on real campuses. They're just stand alone schools and all the students live in the nearby area

Depends on the school. To my knowledge Chicago, NY, Kent, and DMU aren't on real campuses. They're just stand alone schools and all the students live in the nearby area
Chicago isn’t really stand alone it’s on the same campus as the allopathic students and about 13 other postgraduate programs. It’s a pretty large. Same thing with DMU (university is in the name) but with osteopathic students and a few other programs. Kent and NY I think are the only true stand alone. Temple is basically stand alone also with it just being the pod building.

Chicago has dorms and also an apartment complex owned by the university.. at Temple/NY students live nearby (dorms also) but it’s pricey. Same thing with Kent (but without dorms i think) but it’s cheaper. Not really sure about the other schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think most schools have info on their websites also you just have to take time to search around.

Chicago isn’t really stand alone it’s on the same campus as the allopathic students and about 13 other postgraduate programs. It’s a pretty large. Same thing with DMU (university is in the name) but with osteopathic students and a few other programs. Kent and NY I think are the only true stand alone. Temple is basically stand alone also with it just being the pod building.

Chicago has dorms and also an apartment complex owned by the university.. at Temple/NY students live nearby (dorms also) but it’s pricey. Same thing with Kent (but without dorms i think) but it’s cheaper. Not really sure about the other schools.
Yeah she's been really interested in DMU especially but she couldnt find any info online if they had dorms are not. But thank you this is really helpful!

Do you think there is a benefit of living on campus housing or in a primarily student apartment?

Do you think there is a benefit of living on campus housing or in a primarily student apartment?
I couldn't tell you, I'm at Kent so we don't have a campus or an apartment place for students. Sorry!