houston oms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molarjuncky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am applying to their 4yr track; is there still time to do an externship in houston, as i am applying for 2007? would it help my cause or is it too late? would really appreciate an answer from current houston residents.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you don't screw up, an externship can only help. The more face time the better. Many programs, houston included, match with prior externs. There is one this year, and I know at least one from last year. Why risk a spot on someone you don't know.
We have a good extern experience. Very busy county hospital clinic. You will pull all the teeth you want. Plenty of lacs to sew but very few of the patients are awake and oriented. Lots of pus to drain. All the fun stuff externs love.

As long as you don't screw up, an externship can only help. The more face time the better. Many programs, houston included, match with prior externs. There is one this year, and I know at least one from last year. Why risk a spot on someone you don't know.
We have a good extern experience. Very busy county hospital clinic. You will pull all the teeth you want. Plenty of lacs to sew but very few of the patients are awake and oriented. Lots of pus to drain. All the fun stuff externs love.

thanx for the reply, much appreciated. Do u know when dr wong will start looking at the applications? where can i crash for a week other than the call room?

Members don't see this ad :)