Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How are small stupid summer classes at Comm. College counted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by omrfc768, Aug 17, 2015.

1. omrfc768

5+ Year Member

I understand AMCAS counts EVERY college class you ever took. Which I screwed up because I wasn't aware that the EMT course I took at my local comm. coll. had a letter grade attached, I thought it was pass/fail since the entire EMT thing is pass/fail. Anyway, I messed up.

But aside from the fact this class will drop my overall GPA a bit (it wasnt that good to begin with like 3.48, but I have another full year) would an ADCOM scrutinize a B in a summer EMT class at my local comm coll, during my internship in a lab, where I was a non-matric student and I am not using these credits anywhere for a degree purpose.

Like would this ever pop-up, other than the small hit I'll have to take to the overall AMCAS calculated GPA?

2. gonnif

gonnif Only 695 Days Until Next Presidential Election
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Counts no different/no better/no worse than any other class; few will notice it and fewer will notice where, what, when it was

Goro and gyngyn like this.
  3. sovereign0

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No.

Goro likes this.