Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

How are the 3 Berkeley Review CBTs?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by supertrooper66, Jun 5, 2008.

1. supertrooper66

Banned

Before I spend $100, I would like to hear some ppl's opinions on them. btw, I already did a search and not much luck!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting them anyways, but I still want to know what you guys think. I know BRTeach said they're good, so I know they have to be decent.

I'm retaking the test July 10th, so I want to order more practice tests like today to have them here by next week in order to start practicing again. I just used the AAMC tests before and only have one of them left. I'm not taking any prep courses, thus I don't have access to all these practice tests. What other tests do you guys recommend to buy? I'm going to need more than 3 new BR ones...thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    I also would like to know about the Berk review CBTs. I would suggest getting your hands on Kaplan practice tests.

4. I know Gold Standard has 10 cbt's. I haven't used it but i heard people say that they are good for practice, no so much the real deal indicator, Any opinion's?

5. tncekm

tncekm MS-1

Medical Student
    I really don't care for them. There are far too many "debatable" answers to their questions, their passages are very short, and they make up for it by giving you a tricky question. Their VR is too easy. I finished their VR sections with 10-15 minutes to spare at times, and I'm usually racing the clock on AAMC's.

In short: I did 5 of them and just let the other 5 go to waste b/c even though I spent money on them, I didn't find them that helpful. Time and money would be much better spent taking difficult Kaplan PS/BS materials (I never took any of their tests, just sectionals/topicals/etc) because they REALLY make you think about the concepts and how they relate to the equations.

6. supertrooper66

Banned

yea but how do you get ahold of kaplan practice tests if you don't take the class? they give you online access or something through the class. i don't know where else to get them, and all my friends are too greedy to share theirs since kaplan only lets you take a test once.

7. tncekm

tncekm MS-1

Medical Student
    There are PDF versions floating around on ebay, I believe.