How are the 3 Berkeley Review CBTs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I spend $100, I would like to hear some ppl's opinions on them. btw, I already did a search and not much luck!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting them anyways, but I still want to know what you guys think. I know BRTeach said they're good, so I know they have to be decent.

I'm retaking the test July 10th, so I want to order more practice tests like today to have them here by next week in order to start practicing again. I just used the AAMC tests before and only have one of them left. I'm not taking any prep courses, thus I don't have access to all these practice tests. What other tests do you guys recommend to buy? I'm going to need more than 3 new BR ones...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Before I spend $100, I would like to hear some ppl's opinions on them. btw, I already did a search and not much luck!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting them anyways, but I still want to know what you guys think. I know BRTeach said they're good, so I know they have to be decent.

I'm retaking the test July 10th, so I want to order more practice tests like today to have them here by next week in order to start practicing again. I just used the AAMC tests before and only have one of them left. I'm not taking any prep courses, thus I don't have access to all these practice tests. What other tests do you guys recommend to buy? I'm going to need more than 3 new BR ones...thanks!

I also would like to know about the Berk review CBTs. I would suggest getting your hands on Kaplan practice tests.

I know Gold Standard has 10 cbt's. I haven't used it but i heard people say that they are good for practice, no so much the real deal indicator, Any opinion's?

I know Gold Standard has 10 cbt's. I haven't used it but i heard people say that they are good for practice, no so much the real deal indicator, Any opinion's?
I really don't care for them. There are far too many "debatable" answers to their questions, their passages are very short, and they make up for it by giving you a tricky question. Their VR is too easy. I finished their VR sections with 10-15 minutes to spare at times, and I'm usually racing the clock on AAMC's.

In short: I did 5 of them and just let the other 5 go to waste b/c even though I spent money on them, I didn't find them that helpful. Time and money would be much better spent taking difficult Kaplan PS/BS materials (I never took any of their tests, just sectionals/topicals/etc) because they REALLY make you think about the concepts and how they relate to the equations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really don't care for them. There are far too many "debatable" answers to their questions, their passages are very short, and they make up for it by giving you a tricky question. Their VR is too easy. I finished their VR sections with 10-15 minutes to spare at times, and I'm usually racing the clock on AAMC's.

In short: I did 5 of them and just let the other 5 go to waste b/c even though I spent money on them, I didn't find them that helpful. Time and money would be much better spent taking difficult Kaplan PS/BS materials (I never took any of their tests, just sectionals/topicals/etc) because they REALLY make you think about the concepts and how they relate to the equations.

yea but how do you get ahold of kaplan practice tests if you don't take the class? they give you online access or something through the class. i don't know where else to get them, and all my friends are too greedy to share theirs since kaplan only lets you take a test once.