How are you feeling about where you are right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to feel at least slightly confident about how i'll do. I still don't feel nearly prepared enough but I am starting to feel that from here on it is all "tweaking" my knowledge base and test taking skills. We'll see how I feel after I take 6R this week....

Members don't see this ad.

i just took kaplan's 3rd practice test and i'm finally out of the 20s. it's a nice confidence boost, but honestly i suspect that i'm there b/c there were very few E&M questions in PS and only a couple of questions about neurons in BioSci. but i do know what my weaknesses are and i can be more focused in my studying.

I was starting to feel good...steadily improving, steadily studying, getting the material down, figuring out how to beat the test, and whatnot. Then I took Kaplan test 3 today, and contrary to the ego boost it gave CH3CH2OH (that's awesome that you finally broke into the 30s, I was hoping for the same today), it gave my ego and nice little beating. I didn't do horribly, but I did not do well either. And I mean, I couldn't really focus for whatever reason today, and that definitely was a factor, and everyone has off days, but I hate making excuses for myself. So it just has really freaked me out, and thinking maybe I'm not ready or can't really do this! And on top of it all, when you take a practice full-length, since it takes up your whole day, if you do poorly, it just makes for a really bad day, and that's not cool. Anyhoo, I'm going to try another tomorrow, or at least maybe a few practice sections...I'm just so tired and frustrated right now. Sorry, for the rant, I just needed to vent. ::Sigh::

Wahooali, don't feel bad about your score today. i took the second test a week ago and then 3R on monday and did worse on both (even worse than on my first full-length, yikes). for some reason, i was just able to concentrate better today. it def. gets easier with time and i'd say that as long as you feel that you're learning and are able to concentrate on april 17 :)scared: ) you're fine :)

[/pep talk] ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm feeling better, though I really need to ram physical science through my head. I haven't had any science classes in three years, so I had to essentially relearn everything. I'm still not comfortable with questions on torque, mirrors, and a whole gambit of physics questions.

Just took a practice test: 11 Bio, 14 Verbal, 8 PS. See what I mean? It seems my verbal is always 13+, but I fluctuate a bit too much in the sciences.

I really just need to force myself to move, as I keep running out of time on PS, as well.

Thanks for the pep talk CH3CH2OH, I really needed that. I just do not want to be peaking yet, nor peaking where I am, so it has me a little nervous. Hopefully a few practice exams from now I will be singing a different tune. Good luck guys! :)

I was feeling pretty good about the mcat for awhile, then I realized i wasn't studying for my classes and misterms are next week. My GPA is nothing to be proud of, and I need straight A's this semester, so I have spent the last week and a half studying biochem, dev. bio etc.... Im not so confident about the mcat now

Right now I feel fine about physical sciences and biological sciences so I'm definitely going to shift my focus to verbal reasoning. Once that's on track I will be alot more comfortable.